Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Spindles?

Old 09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
cmbtjnky is on a distinguished road

Army: C Co. 3/172 Mountain Infantry
cmbtjnky's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles?

Just a quick question to gain other TW members opinions. Would installing spindles be worth losing my 4wd? I do off road here and there, but not that much and also I live in New Hampshire and the winter's here can be brutal at times. I am just curious to what you all think.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Casey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant futureCasey05Taco has a brilliant future

Name: Casey
Casey05Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbtjnky View Post
Just a quick question to gain other TW members opinions. Would installing spindles be worth losing my 4wd? I do off road here and there, but not that much and also I live in New Hampshire and the winter's here can be brutal at times. I am just curious to what you all think.
To answer your first question you cant get lift spindles with a 4wd
Old 09-17-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
To answer your first question you cant get lift spindles with a 4wd
I think he's talking about ditching the front axles in order to get a spindle lift, but I'm not sure.
Old 09-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
imo its not worth losing your 4wd
Old 09-17-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
cmbtjnky is on a distinguished road

Army: C Co. 3/172 Mountain Infantry
cmbtjnky's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the spindles would be to gain lift.