Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

PreRunner Add a leaf question

Old 01-16-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
PreRunner Add a leaf question

I have an 2005 AC TRD Sport PreRunner with the stock suspension. My dealer won't to the rear leaf TSB since I am out of my warranty (that is a whole other thread). My question is, is there an AAL system that I can add with out to much hassle or without having to buy a whole new leaf pack? If I do an AAL do I need to upgrade the shocks all around or can i just do the AAL?

My main goal is not necessarily to any kind of lift but I want it for the added stiffness when hauling heavy loads.

Thanks
Old 01-16-2009, 07:56 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
You can get the Alcan AAL from toytec.com or the Wheelers Offroad AAL form Wheelersoffroad.com.

You don't need new shocks to run either of those.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:28 AM   #3
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harshest View Post
I have an 2005 AC TRD Sport PreRunner with the stock suspension. My dealer won't to the rear leaf TSB since I am out of my warranty (that is a whole other thread). My question is, is there an AAL system that I can add with out to much hassle or without having to buy a whole new leaf pack? If I do an AAL do I need to upgrade the shocks all around or can i just do the AAL?

My main goal is not necessarily to any kind of lift but I want it for the added stiffness when hauling heavy loads.

Thanks
I was in the same exact boat as you. I even have the exact same truck except mines an 06. I got the Toytec "long" 2" AAL. $80. Had a shop put it in for me. $75. Have had 0 probs. Totaly satisfied! truck sits nice and level. I have even had some pretty heavy loads in the bed. no bottoming out at all. Can't say enough.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
ban the term murdered out
OU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOU812 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gas Turbine Elec
Name: danusa
OU812's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat. I was thinking allpro leaf pack or deaver pack for nice ride with slight lift and firestone air bags for weight hauling. Haven't made up my mind yet.

BTW: I liked the previous avatar better
Old 01-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #5
Taco Vending Machine
Beefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefed Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Beefed Taco's Tacoma Gallery
If you do a AAL and lift the rear around 1.5" to 2" you don't need longer shocks for normal pavement driving, but if you're gonna go off road and do any kind of articulating you'll want to get some shocks that are a few inches longer because you'll have more drop out than the shocks are long. Too short of a shock isn't good for the shock or the mounts.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
I am the Sofa King
harshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shedharshest is one of the sharper tools in the shed

harshest's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearskill View Post
I was in the same exact boat as you. I even have the exact same truck except mines an 06. I got the Toytec "long" 2" AAL. $80. Had a shop put it in for me. $75. Have had 0 probs. Totaly satisfied! truck sits nice and level. I have even had some pretty heavy loads in the bed. no bottoming out at all. Can't say enough.
Do you have any pictures of your truck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
BTW: I liked the previous avatar better
So did I, I changed it back