Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Upgraded Front Suspension with after market bumper

Old 09-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
bgsmith will become famous soon enough

Name: Brian
bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Upgraded Front Suspension with after market bumper

Ok I may look into getting an after market bumper at some point, possibly armor tech, what type, if any, of upgrades to the front suspension should I consider to handle the extra weight?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Ok I may look into getting an after market bumper at some point, possibly armor tech, what type, if any, of upgrades to the front suspension should I consider to handle the extra weight?
how heavy? 886 OMEs maybe
Old 09-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #3

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
how heavy? 886 OMEs maybe
Nothing too crazy, and sorry I meant an ARB bumper, not armor tech. But I probably wont go with anything as big and heavy as an ARB.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #4
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen DC with weight in front = OME 886s
Old 09-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #5
SxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shedSxDx is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SxDx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
Nothing too crazy, and sorry I meant an ARB bumper, not armor tech. But I probably wont go with anything as big and heavy as an ARB.

I would say 886's as well
if you do go with ARB.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
BDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really niceBDJ is just really nice

Name: Brandon
BDJ's Tacoma Gallery
If I was to put a bruteforce hybrid on my 2012 dbcb would I need the 886's or would I get by with the 885's give me your opinion with and without a winch.
Old 09-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #7

bgsmith's Tacoma Gallery
Also I do have 5100s up front set at 1.75, apologies for not stating that in my original post. I understand the OME 886s are lifting coils and possibly shouldnt be used with 5100s set at anything other than 0.

Just looking to maybe get a decent plate bumper for functionality and looks, I do a little off-roading but nothing crazy.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:40 PM   #8
Fox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shedFox 21 Alpha is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
Fox 21 Alpha's Tacoma Gallery
Not to thread jack, but I had kinda the same question, I'm interested in getting an ARB bumper as well, but I want to keep my ride height as close to stock as possible (I like the slight slant it has stock), so what is needed to keep the front from sagging and losing handling without actually lifting the truck? I have the rear TSB and the TRD Off Road....