Notices

buying this lift setup.. HELP before I do something stupid

Old 09-19-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
^This. Leaving the overload in place does not affect day to day driving either. It will still ride nice. As far as lift, do what I mentioned earlier and measure from hub to fender both front and back. Add 4" to the front number and 2" to the rear number. That will tell you roughly what your final stance will be.
Ok cool, I was concerned about that but if it doesn't affect ride quality much then sweet... Definitely going this route, now I just need to find the best places to get the products and some one local who knows what they're doing to help me install( idk shit about installing these lol) definitely some one who has done it before successfully
Old 09-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #22
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure in saying that your ride will be better with a replacement leaf pack but like I said, my setup works and rides great for me until I can upgrade...
Old 09-19-2012, 03:58 PM   #23
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
I am pretty sure in saying that your ride will be better with a replacement leaf pack but like I said, my setup works and rides great for me until I can upgrade...
Agreed, but for now, I'm good with just throwing on the progressive AAL, especially If the ride will still be solid... Only reason I'm not upgrading everything is bc I just bought her a month ago an makin some pretty deep payments from my dealer, although I jewed em down quite a bit... In the nxt 6 months to a year, I should be ready to upgrade everything, coil overs most likely
Old 09-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #24
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
I'm also running the maxtrac with stock everything but I have an aal in the back, no issues and install isn't to bad, ride is good but in 3 days my fox front and rears are coming in so I won't be stock for long lol
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #25
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
I'm also running the maxtrac with stock everything but I have an aal in the back, no issues and install isn't to bad, ride is good but in 3 days my fox front and rears are coming in so I won't be stock for long lol
Nice man, how much did u get your shocks for? Or did u get the coil overs?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:32 PM   #26
yamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyamaha73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Royce
yamaha73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
Nice man, how much did u get your shocks for? Or did u get the coil overs?
got coilovers and rear shocks with uca's for 2grand
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #27
I was just informed that to run the 4" spindles on all stock suspension that i would need spacers for my wheel clearance... any suggestions guys?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #28
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradicus8 View Post
I was just informed that to run the 4" spindles on all stock suspension that i would need spacers for my wheel clearance... any suggestions guys?
for stock wheels you need spacers, the susp doesnt make a difference.

Spidertraxx are the best. allpro makes spacers as well.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #29
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on what wheel you run and Spidertrax are probably the best spacers out there....
Old 09-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
for stock wheels you need spacers, the susp doesnt make a difference.

Spidertraxx are the best. allpro makes spacers as well.

Looks like I'm goin with spidertraxx, what's the minimum size I can get away with if I run the stock?
Old 09-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #32
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha73 View Post
Also remember your spare tire won't fit on the front, I learned the hard way

How would I go about that to avoid problems? Just take it out before starting install?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I haven't heard anything bad about Maxtrac but admittingly, I haven't done much research on them since I'm 4wd. The only thing I'd make sure of is the extended brake lines. You might not need them, I'm really not sure.

As for the rear, you're stiffening up the rear leaf pack by throwing an AAL in there. People have run the stock leaf pack with an AAL on the stock shock however I feel it doesn't adequately dampen the ride and can make it feel sort of bouncy. For a short period of time I'm sure it would be fine, just try to avoid harsh top outs but you'll probably want to upgrade the rear shocks in the semi-near future.
hey man i kno its been a while for this thread but no sense in making a new one! im taking a trip to vegas in 2 months and want to have the lift on with the tires etc. holding off on shocks will save me for time being... i would be ok with the 1.5" AAL with stock shocks right? just clarifying before i start!