1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 TRD OFF ROAD

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by TIM GAINOUS, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Sep 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM
    TIM GAINOUS

TIM GAINOUS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tallahassee fl
    Vehicle:
    o7 base desert sand
    tints,venvisors,low pro toolbox, readylift sst ,afe pro dry,dynomax muffler,sec air filter removed. jvc aresenal, with rear jvc 6x9's front blaupunkts.
    Hey my friend just got a 2012 4dr trd off road. It has really light duty springs on it. the thing is as mushy as a 1962 ford falcon. Other than that its an awesome truck. I was jus wondering are they all like that and if so what have others done to correct it. also its got a 2.5 spacer in front with an aal in rear.

2. Sep 19, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    TIM GAINOUS

TIM GAINOUS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    tallahassee fl
    Vehicle:
    o7 base desert sand
    tints,venvisors,low pro toolbox, readylift sst ,afe pro dry,dynomax muffler,sec air filter removed. jvc aresenal, with rear jvc 6x9's front blaupunkts.
    what about the front end dive? the fronts seem awfully weak too.its like the shocks are blown, it only has 1100 miles on it. are there better coils for the front?

3. Sep 19, 2012 at 12:20 PM
    VTTACOMA

VTTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benj
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport, Black
    Yeah my 2012 is the same way. Drives me nuts! So I ordered a full Ultimate lift kit w/ the dakar rear leaf packs from Toytec.
    My 2007 was the same way, I ordered a cheap puck style lift kit withe the AAL for that and the thing handled amazing on the road, but was rough as hell off-road.

Products Discussed in

To Top