Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Body lifts??

Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Jcritser35 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
Jcritser35's Tacoma Gallery
Body lifts??

I have a 1998 Tacoma sr5... I have it leveled out and I was wondering if I could fit 33 inch tires on it with little rubing if I got a 3 inch body lift?? Please help kinda clueless
Old 09-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcritser35 View Post
I have a 1998 Tacoma sr5... I have it leveled out and I was wondering if I could fit 33 inch tires on it with little rubing if I got a 3 inch body lift?? Please help kinda clueless
Most likely, but I would recommend getting a full 3 inch suspension lift to fit the tires without the body lift. Most owners on here, as well as myself, despise body lifts
Old 09-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #3
Jcritser35 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
Jcritser35's Tacoma Gallery
I would get a suspension lift if it wasn't so expensive .. And thanks that helps alot
Old 09-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Oh god this thread is gonna get bad TW hates bodylifts. I got a 3" one and it's just fine with 33"s.
I bet this thread is gonna include :
Cussing
Flaming
Laughing
Pics of truck body's that got thrown off of the frame after wrecking with a body lift
Etc
Sooo IBTL
Old 09-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Save money?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #6
BakerTaco will become famous soon enough

Name: Will
BakerTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcritser35 View Post
I would get a suspension lift if it wasn't so expensive .. And thanks that helps alot
May I recommend bilstein 5100s and an AAL? 'Bout $400 and you have a good sups. kit
Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I want to do a body kit. next tire size will be 35s
What size body lift?
Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
TW world has been notorious for speaking negatively about body lifts. I have concluded that like many things one guy said its bad and the bandwagoners followed suit.

There are valid reasons and situations in which a body lift is a viable option. I think a 3'' is a bit extreme however if it accomplishes what you want and you are happy with it so be it, its your truck.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
I want to do a body kit. next tire size will be 35s
me too........ Once I get my 3"inch "suspension" lift.........i was thinking on doing a 1" or 1.5" to get me sitting like a RCD lift. I see PSU's thread and I like.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #10
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbmg View Post
TW world has been notorious for speaking negatively about body lifts. I have concluded that like many things one guy said its bad and the bandwagoners followed suit.

There are valid reasons and situations in which a body lift is a viable option. I think a 3'' is a bit extreme however if it accomplishes what you want and you are happy with it so be it, its your truck.
This is true^^^
I personally have a 3" body lift and I actually use it. I stuff my tires all the way inside my wheel wells and without the body lift I'd lose 3" of clearance in em.
It is extreme but teamed with a 3" suspension lift, I can go anywhere lol
Old 09-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #11
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
This is true^^^
I personally have a 3" body lift and I actually use it. I stuff my tires all the way inside my wheel wells and without the body lift I'd lose 3" of clearance in em.
It is extreme but teamed with a 3" suspension lift, I can go anywhere lol
Where did you get your body lift from. I've had good results onthe past with them. Even on a mud racing taco! But that was over ten years ago.....
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckaseetacoma View Post
Where did you get your body lift from. I've had good results onthe past with them. Even on a mud racing taco! But that was over ten years ago.....
Truck came with it when I bought it. I personally love it and I'm not gonna let some biased forum change my mind lol teamed with the suspension I got 6" of total lift on a 4x4 without being a drop bracket lift.
Running 33x12.50 mud grapplers without any trimming except for the cab mount chop.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:20 AM   #13
Tuckaseetacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: Parhfinder
Name: Gary
Tuckaseetacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Does anybody know of any body lift kits for 2 nd gen tacos
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
kbauman92 is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerTaco View Post
May I recommend bilstein 5100s and an AAL? 'Bout $400 and you have a good sups. kit
+1 I ended taking my 3" body lift off and spend 300$ and got some used 5100's and an AAL from a friend, body lifts are cheaper but they are frustrating to install IMO.
If you still want one i have my old one i might be able to find all the pieces for.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM   #15
DerpWerx Fab

Anyone ever end up removing there body lift off a 2nd gen? I need help lol