Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Uca ball joints

Old 09-20-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Uca ball joints

My father recently ordered camburg's ball joint uca.
Where can I find either the Toyota ball joint part number, or a good aftermarket one that will fit.
Thanks
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
whatchu talkin about Owen??????????

lol u mean the lower ball joint. i recommend oem.... peerly cuz im a toyota mechanic and i have seen aftermarket joint fail.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:17 PM   #4
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
whatchu talkin about Owen??????????

lol u mean the lower ball joint. i recommend oem.... peerly cuz im a toyota mechanic and i have seen aftermarket joint fail.
What goes in the uca then?
Old 09-22-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oowen View Post
What goes in the uca then?
im so confused.... u bught ucas without ball joints?
Old 09-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im so confused.... u bught ucas without ball joints?
http://www.camburg.com/store/susp-sy...2-taco/4706-2/
Old 09-22-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
pavement is boring....

ok sou either use ur pre existing ball joint or u buy new ones...
Old 09-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok sou either use ur pre existing ball joint or u buy new ones...
Exactly the question he asked in the OP

Lol
Old 09-22-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
pavement is boring....

it was not nearly as clear as that^

if u need the part number for oem call ur dealer
Old 09-23-2012, 09:01 AM   #10
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
it was not nearly as clear as that^

if u need the part number for oem call ur dealer
Ok thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #11
'interfering with Darwin since 1990'
VE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shedVE7OSR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob II
VE7OSR's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg BJ UCA + Moog Ball joints.

Toyota OEM does not sell the UCA Ball joint, you have to buy the entire UCA.

The Camburg UCA you describe is designed to accept the factory ball joint (BJ) after you remove the BJ from your existing arms.

There are aftermarket Moog units available, but Camburg does not recommend them. Huh? Why would you not design your arms to accept aftermarket BJ replacements???

I measured .025" clearance between the Moog units OD, and the Camburg arm ID, did research on BJ design, and determined this is the design minimum required, and therefore should work. For added clearance I heated up my camburg arms in the oven to 400F, and put the ball joints in the freezer, to gain some additional clearance of about .004-.005", expecting to rapidly install the BJ with a rented BJ removal/install C-clamp tool. That did not work out for me, as I did not have a decent vise to hold the install tool, but in theory should still work. I did get them installed at room temperature, and I noticed it is super critical to get the BJ to press in absolutely perpendicular to the bore. In my case, the one unit went in a bit crooked, and it broke a small portion of the camburg arm on the exit side of the bore. It won't affect its usability, as there was plenty of metal holding the BJ in place, but I learned the lesson.

Camburg could also have chamfered the exit side of the bore diameter to prevent this as well. The entry side is chamfered to allow you to line up the start.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
EMS:
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Wow thanks for the info. I just purchased some from car quest
Thanks for all the help