Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Slugs for ucas?

Old 09-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Ihavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to all
Ihavataco98's Tacoma Gallery
Slugs for ucas?

Bought a set of custom fabbed ucas from a member on here. The ball requires a 9/16 inch missalignment spacer and theyre on the way, and the bushings and sleves are on the way too. The ball joints have already been pressed in My question is about the Slugs: what size slug would i need? and to put all this together, how would i go about doing that?

I know that the missalignment spacers go into the ball joint, then what happens after that? Also would I need new bolts to go into all this or could I reuse stock? thanks JV
Old 09-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

paranoid56's Tacoma Gallery
the slug you get from all pro will be flat top. so you will need two missalignment spacers and teh bolt to bolt them together.
Slugs from allpro are 20 bucks each and the ones from canburg are around 60 (IIRC but those have one side of the missalignment spacer built in)

so it goes, bolt - 1" to 9/16" missalignment spacers - uniball - other missalignment spacers - slug - nut
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
Ihavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to allIhavataco98 is a name known to all
Ihavataco98's Tacoma Gallery
damn man, you are always there! awesome! appreciate it
Old 09-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
paranoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedparanoid56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i acutally just orderd a bunch of the parts from allpro this morning so i can let you know on monday to get better idea if you need.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #5

so some things i should point out after getting a bunch of parts.
Camburg
  • slug includes half of the misalignment spacer
  • uses 9/16 bolt for the slug
  • more amount of movement from a 1" uniball then the allpro
  • uses same size of bushings for the frame side as allpro
Allpro
  • slug is just a slug, can use any misalignment spacer you want
  • uses a 3/4" bolt for the slug (stronger then the camburg setup)
  • less amount of movement from a 1" uniball then the camburg
  • uses same size of bushings for the frame side as camburg
Allpro on the left and camburg on the right (using some other spacers on the allpro ones till the ones below came in)

and a pic of a uniball with 3/4" misalignment spacers and allpro slug