Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Shock Valveing

Old 12-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #41
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Sonny! Thank you for my brand new truck!!! Boy a world of difference!!! - Then again, I had two blown shocks so the improvement was even more impressive!

Thanks again - It drives great. Just did 75 mile drive with the new set up! Very nice!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #42
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Can some one explain to me what to get on the length of a shock because i want upgrade my shock from pro comp to some thing better. I have the pro comp 6 inch lift. I called pro comp they said that their COil over is 26 inch in length with 6 inch of travel. The mx6 mono tube has 27.3 inch length and has 10 inch of travel.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #43
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Good morning,
King already has the spec for the front shocks for a lifted application and if you are running the strut spacer, The King shock will be set up to remove that spacer and just have the King coil-over bolt into the stock locations.
They Offer one for the rear as well for a lifted application and the I believe ICON does as well for the front I am sure, we would have to check on the rear.Also I believe RADFLO has specs for the front and rear shocks for a lifted application as well to bolt directly into the stock locations.
Length of shock travel is second to making sure the compressed and extended lengths are correct for this type of suspension lift.
The R & D has already been done..
Hopes this helps..
Thank you,
DSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Can some one explain to me what to get on the length of a shock because i want upgrade my shock from pro comp to some thing better. I have the pro comp 6 inch lift. I called pro comp they said that their COil over is 26 inch in length with 6 inch of travel. The mx6 mono tube has 27.3 inch length and has 10 inch of travel.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:00 PM   #45
Future President
Spencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpencer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TIGGLEBITTIES
Spencer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey can anyone tell me what the KING OEM replacement shock valving numbers are? They feel wayyyy too soft- I have the 2.5 with reservoir extended travel coilovers up front and OEM 2.5 resi in rear. I'm trying to find out what they came "stock" so I can decide what shims to move to- I want it way stiffer than it is now to handle larger stuff. I bottom out like crazy in the rear and go bucking all over when I go fast
Old 01-30-2014, 08:47 AM   #46
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Hey can anyone tell me what the KING OEM replacement shock valving numbers are? They feel wayyyy too soft- I have the 2.5 with reservoir extended travel coilovers up front and OEM 2.5 resi in rear. I'm trying to find out what they came "stock" so I can decide what shims to move to- I want it way stiffer than it is now to handle larger stuff. I bottom out like crazy in the rear and go bucking all over when I go fast
There is only one person that I would ask... Sonny from Down South Motorsports.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:06 PM   #47
ComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedComaRyder1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dakota
ComaRyder1's Tacoma Gallery
FOX makes an application for the front of your tacoma for 2.5" bypass remote resevoir shocks that bolt right up to your stock suspension. the pre load is set to give you 2" of lift, but the important part is the performance gains you get from this product. cost is $1500 if you shop it right.

i just installed mine yesterday on my 2000 tacoma 4x4 TRD. my truck rides like a cadillac on the street now, and the highspeed offroad ability my truck now has is unimaginable. i used to be slow and cautious when getting onto the trail, now i just pull off into the dirt and floor it. i feel like im driving a sandrail almost.

these shocks were very easy to install, it took me about an hour and a half with with clean up and putting my tools away.

these shocks are literally the best, most effective, bang for my buck investment ive made for my truck yet.

Old 03-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #48
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaRyder1 View Post
FOX makes an application for the front of your tacoma for 2.5" bypass remote resevoir shocks that bolt right up to your stock suspension. the pre load is set to give you 2" of lift, but the important part is the performance gains you get from this product. cost is $1500 if you shop it right.

i just installed mine yesterday on my 2000 tacoma 4x4 TRD. my truck rides like a cadillac on the street now, and the highspeed offroad ability my truck now has is unimaginable. i used to be slow and cautious when getting onto the trail, now i just pull off into the dirt and floor it. i feel like im driving a sandrail almost.

these shocks were very easy to install, it took me about an hour and a half with with clean up and putting my tools away.

these shocks are literally the best, most effective, bang for my buck investment ive made for my truck yet.

Just so that you are aware, that is not a bypass shock. It is a remote reservoir coil over shock.
Great part, I am sure you will be very happy with them.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #49
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaRyder1 View Post

Just so that you are aware, that is not a bypass shock. It is a remote reservoir coil over shock.
Great part, I am sure you will be very happy with them.
And if Sonny drives the shock valving of these puppy's you'll be elated.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #50
HOJeepster is on a distinguished road
HOJeepster's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.shimrestackor.com/Code/Sa...ng-profile.htm

Very informative.