Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New UCAs?

Old 09-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
New UCAs?

I'm about to run maxtrac spindles on all stock suspension pretty soon, some spidertraxx spacers and a rear 3 leaf progressive... I hear that it's recommended to install new UCAs on lifts 2+... With that said will I be ok just running the stocks? I will not be off roading, this is my driver, I would think that makes a difference... I kno I will hav to upgrade shocks and coils later and may put in some new UCAs but for the time being will i be alright?
Old 09-21-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need new UCA's doing a spindle lift.

You also don't need New coils or shocks for the front at all. The spindles maintain factory geometry... But you can get them for ride comfort.

Last thing, don't do spindles (especially Maxtrak) with wheel spacers. You're trying to go for that wide offroad long travel look without spending the money on long travel. All's it's going to do is wear out parts such as wheel bearings faster than normal.

And for the rear if you're doing a 3 leaf AAL upgrade those rear shocks.

Your setup should be:

Spindles, front 5100's ( set at 0 for ride comfort). Stock UCAs. Rear 3 leaf AAL, new rear shocks that can handle the flex out of the leafs.

The spindles alone will be wide enough. You won't need the wheel spacers.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 707tothe907 View Post
You don't need new UCA's doing a spindle lift.

You also don't need New coils or shocks for the front at all. The spindles maintain factory geometry... But you can get them for ride comfort.

Last thing, don't do spindles (especially Maxtrak) with wheel spacers. You're trying to go for that wide offroad long travel look without spending the money on long travel. All's it's going to do is wear out parts such as wheel bearings faster than normal.

And for the rear if you're doing a 3 leaf AAL upgrade those rear shocks.

Your setup should be:

Spindles, front 5100's ( set at 0 for ride comfort). Stock UCAs. Rear 3 leaf AAL, new rear shocks that can handle the flex out of the leafs.

The spindles alone will be wide enough. You won't need the wheel spacers.
Ok ya I agree especially about the spacer part, I just really don't have the money to buy new wheels... I'm talking to a guy who's selling some used ones, what back spacing would I need to run the spindles without spacers? And I do plan on upgrading the shocks very soon