Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Already have 5100's need a little more lift

Old 09-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #1
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
Already have 5100's need a little more lift

I already have 5100s set at 2.5 on my 2006 4cyl prerunner regular cab. I would like to get another 1/2 to 1 in lift. My stock front springs may be sagging some im not sure but it has 80,000 miles so they might be a little wore out. I've looked into the toytec top plate 1/2 inch spacer, but I know everybody says spacers are bad. I just want to lift it up more because I put a set of used (20% tread left) 285/75/16 bfg a/t tires and had to cut a good bit for it not to scrub the fenders. I need new tires soon and will probably get treadwright a/t's in the same size and they are a little bigger than the bfg's so they will probably scrub without doing way more cutting than I have already done. Can anybody throw out any other options I might have for this in the $300 dollar price range.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Sell 5100s and buy a spindle lift.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Tacomas FTMFW!!!!
sir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud ofsir1123 has much to be proud of

Name: John
sir1123's Tacoma Gallery
What he said. It will give you 4" of lift with no sacrifice to stock ride quality. But if you plan in the future to do a 4x4 conversion then I would not get them
Old 09-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Keep the 5100s but set them at 0 lift then install spindles. That's more than $300 though.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
monsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedmonsterkx2fiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

monsterkx2fiddy's Tacoma Gallery
I want treadwrights! Gonna have to settle with duratracs -.-
Old 09-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #6
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=72
Old 09-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Those are more in my price range than the lift spindles. But will the ride really suck with them??
Old 09-22-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same setup with the 5100s. I just ordered the OME 885x coils and the top plate spacers from toytec. Im going to throw these on the billies (set @ 0) to get a smoother ride and some additional lift. Lots of guys here with this and getting around 3"
Old 09-23-2012, 07:16 AM   #9

Do you guys think if i go up any higher I'll have to get new uca's?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #10

Heres a pic of my truck by the way

Old 09-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
884s
Old 09-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #12
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
884s
x2 I didnt know you were a reg cab when I pm'd you about the 885s I have.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
add yourself a body lift and you'll be set
I thought about a 1 in body lift but people on here always rag on body lifts. I know the pros and cons of each but whats worse a 1in body lift or a 3/4 inch spacer lift? each lift would probably cost about the same and I would be installing either one on my truck so labor cost doesn't matter
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 AM   #14

Was moving the radiator/fan shrould or the gas tank filler neck a pita?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:47 AM   #15
bradicus8 is on a distinguished road
Name: Brad
bradicus8's Tacoma Gallery
Ya I would get those maxtrac spindles, they go for about 500$ if u look for em and I kno it's more than u wanna spend but WELL worth the money
Old 09-24-2012, 12:20 PM   #16

Thanks for the help man
Old 09-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
Nope, took about 4 hours or so to do the whole truck. I did a writeup on here somewhere I'll try and find it
longer brake lines are needed right? Once i get my 3" lift installed I'll want more when I need tires. 4hrs sound not bad.....Im slow though so even 8 hrs is ok if I can do it with some help.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #19
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
heavier coils
Old 09-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
The coilovers need to be disassembled to install the longer studs with the 3/4" lift top plate spacers. Just making sure the OP knows that if he decides to go that route.
Yea its not a big deal I have a friend who works at a dealer that has a wall mount spring compressor I can use