Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec coilovers ?

Old 01-17-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
bmarshall46 is on a distinguished road
bmarshall46's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec coilovers ?

Why are they $799? what is so specail about them? I could buy 5100's and purchase springs seperate an it would be less money. Are they just charging more since the springs are already on the shock? Any help would be grateful. Im wanting to do a good 3 inch lift an stay around a grand.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:23 PM   #3
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
You can buy ICONs for $900 through downsouthmotorsports.com. I would think for the extra $100 the ICONs would be better.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:56 PM   #4
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
they are adjustable.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitytaco View Post
You can buy ICONs for $900 through downsouthmotorsports.com. I would think for the extra $100 the ICONs would be better.
Where?, Dont see it on their site. All they got is Fox, Bilstein, and King...
Old 01-17-2009, 06:24 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah those were to rich for my blood so I just went with the OME 885's and 5100's.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Where?, Dont see it on their site. All they got is Fox, Bilstein, and King...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...7821QQtcZphoto
Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
To the OP... The shocks that come with the $799 coilovers ARE the Bilstein 5100s. When I bought my lift, I tried to buy all the parts separate, thinking I was going to come out way ahead... But alas, I did not. The $799 price tag is a good one!

Couple of things - if you buy the adjustable coilover kit separate from the shocks, you don't get the machined aluminum top plate. It's not needed - you can use your stock top plate, but a couple of drawbacks...
1. You have to take your stock coils out, get them compressed to remove the stock top plate and get the new coilovers assembled.
2. The machined aluminum top plate gives you another .5" of lift over the stock top plate. You can order it separate from ToyTec (like I did) but it's $150 shipped. That piece right there makes up the difference that you might save buying all the parts separate. If you stick with the stock plate, you'll save $150 of the assembled coilovers.
3. It's no longer a straight bolt-on swap.

If I had to do it again, I'd just buy the $799 coilovers and be done with it. It was kinda a hassle to make sure I had all the parts, got them assembled properly, etc...

Hope this helps!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:11 PM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
Do you have that saved somewhere so you can just copy and paste it? lol
Old 01-18-2009, 06:03 AM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
exactly -- I'm going to start saving some responses so all I have to do is paste it... lol
Old 01-18-2009, 06:35 AM   #13
Budisweiser is on a distinguished road
Budisweiser's Tacoma Gallery
CO's

I have the complete billy CO's installed and they are of good quality. What I like best is the adjustability of the shocks. The are completly adjustable by threads up to 3.5". I beleived each thread is about a 1/4". I was able to adjust for the taco lean with the drivers side shock. Now for the ride set at 2.5" of lift is no different than stock if not a little better. The springs, collars, and plates are for the ones that already have 5100's. If you dont already have 5100's just buy the whole setup and save a few $'s. I've never experienced donahoe, icons, or any others so I have no opion on those. Plus I was in on a group buy so I saved even more making welll worth it...
Old 01-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #14
bmarshall46 is on a distinguished road
bmarshall46's Tacoma Gallery
longhorn thank you so much. That was all i needed to know what a huge help thanks