LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What makes my Taco grande?

Old 09-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
belone12's Tacoma Gallery
What makes my Taco grande?

Like a broken record, I just bought this Taco from a wholesaler that could give me limited information, so I'm just sorting it as i go. It definitely rides higher, but the suspension looks stock. So i have to imagine it's some other "lifting" method for tire clearance. This pics aren't the best, but can anyone help me understand what i have under there? I'm hoping it's not as bad as looking under a skirt in a Bangkok night club...

Old 09-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
belone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbelone12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I will take better pictures when I have a chance if that helps...
Old 09-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Dear lord, I hope it's not a body lift. But it looks like 2" lift...tire size? Looks like there are no blocks or AAL, and no TSB in the rear. Take pics of the top of the shock, and under the carpet if you can anywhere.

Those rear shocks don't look OEM to me.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #4
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
Dear lord, I hope it's not a body lift. But it looks like 2" lift...tire size? Looks like there are no blocks or AAL, and no TSB in the rear. Take pics of the top of the shock, and under the carpet if you can anywhere.

Looks stock to me... Rear shocks are not OEM. If there was body lift there would be gaps between bumpers and fenders, no gaps that I can see...

That truck was rear ended also, see how the rear bumper is tilted?

Maybe just a 265/75/16 tire which runs little larger for its size...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #5

Thanks guys. Yeah as per the carfax it was in 2 accidents. The front bumpers are a bit banged up/ detached as well, no airbag deployment though. I will get better pics next time I am at my bothers (where I keep it). I really appreciate the help as I am new to this and want to learn, but I want to have a solid rig. I'm looking at it as a long term project, just want to do it right.
Thanks again
Old 09-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
What tires are on your truck??
Old 09-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
ae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shedae111black is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kimo
ae111black's Tacoma Gallery
the side profile you can see a aluminum spacer on top of the strut

and I see an AAL

Old 10-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post

I had some truck time this weekend. The tires are Mudstar Radial M/T's LT285/75R16. If I am going to be driving this around in the winter in the Northeast, I should probably be switching to A/T's right? I will post the pics of the shocks next.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #9

This is what was reflecting in that picture:

Tuff Country in the Rear

Hope these help with nailing down what is under there...Appreciate the help and input from everyone!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #10
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by belone12 View Post

Hope these help with nailing down what is under there...Appreciate the help and input from everyone!!
definitely add a leaf and a strut spacer
Old 10-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoftw View Post
definitely add a leaf and a strut spacer
Is that good/bad/indifferent?
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #12
tacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of lighttacoftw is a glorious beacon of light

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that good/bad/indifferent?
add a leaf is a good rear lift option, im not a huge fan of large strut spacers, but they arent that bad. id upgrade the front if you plan on doing alot of off roading, otherwise the setup you have is fine
Old 10-08-2012, 10:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoftw View Post
add a leaf is a good rear lift option, im not a huge fan of large strut spacers, but they arent that bad. id upgrade the front if you plan on doing alot of off roading, otherwise the setup you have is fine
Sounds good, thanks much for the input! I am only doing some trails for now, nothing too technical. I will keep it as-is, and use the funds to get a good set of A/T's before the snow falls.
Thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #14

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sounds good, thanks much for the input! I am only doing some trails for now, nothing too technical. I will keep it as-is, and use the funds to get a good set of A/T's before the snow falls.
Thanks!
Sounds like a plan! Good luck with it. And I see you just joined last month, so welcome to TW!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #16

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
wonder if there are wheel spacers as well to fit 285's with oem wheels.
Probably are
Old 10-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
AYYYYYYYYYYYY
cgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcgs2k2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cgs2k2's Tacoma Gallery
Looks really nice! AAL is good, and the new rear shocks are good for the added travel with the AAL. Front spacers are usually frowned upon by most on the site, but a lot of people run them with no problems - especially if you are mostly on road and light trails. Just don't try to jump your truck or hit any obstacle too fast.

As far as winter and tires - AT is definitely better. MTs are usually not very good in the snow.

Good luck!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:23 PM   #18

Thanks for the welcome tacoftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
Looks really nice! AAL is good, and the new rear shocks are good for the added travel with the AAL. Front spacers are usually frowned upon by most on the site, but a lot of people run them with no problems - especially if you are mostly on road and light trails. Just don't try to jump your truck or hit any obstacle too fast.

As far as winter and tires - AT is definitely better. MTs are usually not very good in the snow.

Good luck!
Thanks dude, tires are my next focus. I already got duped on Friday by a guy that sold me a tonneau cover for a Gen 1 truck that he swore and still swears was on his 05 and had it listed as 2005-2011 tonneau. I brought it home and it is too small. Extang confirmed it wouldn't fit anything older than 2004. Anyway, just griping b/c I appreciate all the help this forum has given me the past month despite a-holes out there just looking to make a buck. If anyone knows someone that needs one, i postd it. I love this truck, long overdue purchase!