Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New to lifts, need help

Old 09-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
TMart is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
TMart's Tacoma Gallery
New to lifts, need help

Hey guys, this is my first time dabbling in lifting my truck and I have been trying to research this and there is so much information out there, so I'm lost. I have a 2010 2WD Double cab with a 4.0 L V6 and TRD package. I know a lift won't do too much because I only have a 2WD but I like the look want to get bigger tires. Sorry if this is a typical "new guy" post, I just don't want to waste money on something that isn't great.

Also, sorry if I'm a little bit slow in understanding this stuff, I've been wanting to learn about all of this for a long time, but I haven't really been able to until now.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 shocks and an Add A Leaf is your basic setup

A lot of people prefer to spend a little more and get Old Man Emu shocks/coils/leafs

Those are going to be your main responses
It will help everyone to know what kind of things you'll be doing with the truck as well as what kind of budget you're on
Old 09-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
TMart's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you. I'm a college student so money is a little bit tight until I get a job. I'm thinking I don't want to spend over $1,500 on everything. I don't know if that's reasonable or not.

As for what I want to do, for now I'm planning on lifting it between 1.5"-3", throwing on new tires, adding an exhaust kit, and maybe a cold-air intake.

Again, thanks for the help.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
deadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddeadhed61 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
deadhed61's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMart View Post
As for what I want to do, for now I'm planning on lifting it between 1.5"-3", throwing on new tires, adding an exhaust kit, and maybe a cold-air intake.

Again, thanks for the help.
I believe he meant what you will be doing with your truck, off roading wise, since that will be the main factor in what kind of lift you will need.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
TMart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadhed61 View Post
I believe he meant what you will be doing with your truck, off roading wise, since that will be the main factor in what kind of lift you will need.
My bad. I'm not planning on heavy use off road, mainly trails with little to no mud, nothing too extreme because I don't have 4WD.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
Joe in the hills is on a distinguished road
Marines: A-1-6 Mar Div FMF 0311, 4311
Name: Joe
Joe in the hills's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 leveling shock article

Found this on Bilsteins' website.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bil_LevShks_WebArticle.pdf (587.2 KB, 43 views)