Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need advice:

Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Question Need advice:

Minds spinning thinking of my setup...

Stuck between WE's C/O's, ToyTechs, and SAW 2.0's.

But Thats not my issue... I really need advice on wether I should purchase rear shocks to compliment my TSB and soon Toytech TSB AAL. Like the Billy 5125's. They are about 160 shipped out of DS Motor Sports, and 200 @ TTech. But the TTech one's have the adapter, and im not sure how DS's set up is.

Anyhow, do I really need to upgrade. More travel now = longer brake lines. another $60ish.

Soo, do I upgrade shocks $220-$260ish mod, not to exclude bleeding brakes and all??? Or put that money towards an UCA upgrade..

I want a smooth ride, but cant do both..

Thanks for any input in advance..

Laters...
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
I say go for either first... Both UCAs or longer shocks aren't necessarily needed right away.

If I were doing it, I'd upgrade the rear stuff before the UCAs.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

One caviate:

If I go w/the 5125's valved @ 255/70 and 10" travel, do I need longer brakelines???
Old 01-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Enjoying my addiction

Bump...

Appreciate DelmarvaTaco's point. Anyone else tackle this decision. Will upgrading shocks improve an AAL lift's quality. Just looking for multiple opinions. Before I order.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Better rear shocks will most definatly compliment the AAL's. I havent needed longer brake lines. I just bent the bracket so it would work. Al full droop, I have plenty of slack in the line.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:25 AM   #6
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
^^
What he said -- but I have the longer SS brake lines and the look so darn pretty... lol
Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #7
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Helicopter Flight Mechanic
Alaskaflyer's Tacoma Gallery
How long would you be looking at before you do the rear shocks if you went with the UCA's first? If you install your lift you'll have to get it aligned, and I'd think if you do your rear shocks first, you'd have to get another alignment when you install your new upper control arms later. If it were just a matter of a month or two I would complete the front end first then come back later with the rear shocks.

Gary
Old 01-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction

Cool:

Lots of good points/

So ext. Brake line can be replaced by a simple jimmy rigging of the bracket..

And yeah I'd bet they'd look sweet...

And Alaskaflyer, very good point. Dont know how soon I will be able to do the latter of the two mods, but would be nice to pay for a lifetime allignment Once

Thanks, I am now one step closer to this purchase...
Old 01-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
My other ride Hovers
Alaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura aboutAlaskaflyer has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Lots of good points/

So ext. Brake line can be replaced by a simple jimmy rigging of the bracket..

And yeah I'd bet they'd look sweet...

And Alaskaflyer, very good point. Dont know how soon I will be able to do the latter of the two mods, but would be nice to pay for a lifetime allignment Once

Thanks, I am now one step closer to this purchase...
Lifetime alignment is the way to go! That's what I plan on doing, does anybody know if this is honored at any Firestone? Being in the military and moving around a lot it would be nice if my lifetime alignment followed me.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #10
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaflyer View Post
Lifetime alignment is the way to go! That's what I plan on doing, does anybody know if this is honored at any Firestone? Being in the military and moving around a lot it would be nice if my lifetime alignment followed me.
You have to make sure it's not an independent Firestone. I bought one when I did my lift and called a couple stores to make sure I found the "corporate owned" store.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
My other ride Hovers

Thanks guys, good to know.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #14
Enjoying my addiction

Im Military also:

And almost every Army base got one. But do keep that paper work. Had one pass year, no issues. My dealer did an allignment couple weeks ago after TSB.. and I felt the difference as far as steering control. Point to make is, with the lifetime, you should take it in any time suspension feels weird and have them make all corrections under contract, long as you dont modify setup...