1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st gen 3 inch lift questions????? Some please HELP!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 01kingtaco, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Sep 28, 2012 at 2:04 PM
    01kingtaco

01kingtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kodiak
    Maui hawaii
    Vehicle:
    01 taco slightly modded
    Bigger tires, sound system, deck plate mod, fog light mod, straight pipe exhaust, blue led floor lights, ultragauge, 3 inch lift
    Ok I wana put a lift in my truck for off roading purposes (not for looks) and my stock coil overs in front are sagged pretty bad after 135,000 miles so I know I want new coil over kits in the front. Here's the specs on my truck

2001 Tacoma v6 5speed ext cab suspension all stock.

Ok so here's what I know I want.
    I want new coil overs up front to replace old worn out ones but want to get as much lift as possible without having to get the diff drop kit simply because it's more and I'm not sure how to put it in.
    I also want to buy hole brand new lifted leaf packs for the rear that are about a half inch shorter then the lift I can get up front to make sure it's level.

Now questions
    Ok so what types of coil overs would best suit my needs here I don't wana buy el cheapos but I wana stay in the thousand dollar range for the hole lift. I kinda want adjustable ones as well?

Do I need to buy new uca's to adjust for camber straightens? And If so what ones are good ones to buy?

What type of shocks would best work for me or are there kits out there that have a good setup for the coil over kit?

What type of new lifted leafs should I get Nd from where?

And last do I need to have Any speacle tools or know speacle tricks to install this stuff and is there any other hardware I need to get before installing ik new u bolts are good to buy but what else?

Sorry if these questions have been asked Nd or answered before here I'm just trying to figure everything out to have the perfect setup and only do this once!

Any info links tips or tricks well be greatly appreciated!!!!!

2. Sep 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    01kingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Kodiak
    Maui hawaii
    Vehicle:
    01 taco slightly modded
    Bigger tires, sound system, deck plate mod, fog light mod, straight pipe exhaust, blue led floor lights, ultragauge, 3 inch lift
    Looks like a nice kit! Are those front shock coil over setups adjustable or no nd did u get the 883s because u got a big bumber upfront nd when u get it installed can post pics to this thread for me to see that's be sweet if u could.

3. Sep 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM
    01kingtaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Kodiak
    Maui hawaii
    Vehicle:
    01 taco slightly modded
    Ok cool when u get it done u gana post some pics

Products Discussed in

To Top