LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

1st gen 3 inch lift questions????? Some please HELP!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #1
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kodiak
01kingtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 1st gen 3 inch lift questions????? Some please HELP!

Ok I wana put a lift in my truck for off roading purposes (not for looks) and my stock coil overs in front are sagged pretty bad after 135,000 miles so I know I want new coil over kits in the front. Here's the specs on my truck

2001 Tacoma v6 5speed ext cab suspension all stock.

Ok so here's what I know I want.
I want new coil overs up front to replace old worn out ones but want to get as much lift as possible without having to get the diff drop kit simply because it's more and I'm not sure how to put it in.
I also want to buy hole brand new lifted leaf packs for the rear that are about a half inch shorter then the lift I can get up front to make sure it's level.

Now questions
Ok so what types of coil overs would best suit my needs here I don't wana buy el cheapos but I wana stay in the thousand dollar range for the hole lift. I kinda want adjustable ones as well?

Do I need to buy new uca's to adjust for camber straightens? And If so what ones are good ones to buy?

What type of shocks would best work for me or are there kits out there that have a good setup for the coil over kit?

What type of new lifted leafs should I get Nd from where?

And last do I need to have Any speacle tools or know speacle tricks to install this stuff and is there any other hardware I need to get before installing ik new u bolts are good to buy but what else?

Sorry if these questions have been asked Nd or answered before here I'm just trying to figure everything out to have the perfect setup and only do this once!

Any info links tips or tricks well be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 PM   #2
01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold01kingtaco is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Just order the complete old man emu kit from wheelers. I'm ordering the 883 coils on nitrocharger shocks for my front this weekend. Same truck as you.
Looks like a nice kit! Are those front shock coil over setups adjustable or no nd did u get the 883s because u got a big bumber upfront nd when u get it installed can post pics to this thread for me to see that's be sweet if u could.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #3

Ok cool when u get it done u gana post some pics