Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension suggestions >?

Old 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
suspension suggestions >?

I need some help here, I have white 2011 tacoma , and i want to lift it, what are some good suggestions for a good brand, im looking for a 3 inch front lift and idk if i should do anything to the back.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
This forum has a lot of good info. I was in your shoes about 2 years ago, I researched a ton of different threads and websites and ended up going with an Old Man Emu 3" complete suspension kit. I couldn't be happier, but it all depends on what you intend to do with your truck, and how much money you want to spend. The search button in the top right of this webpage is very helpful - with a little bit of searching and reading, you should be able to answer just about any question you can come up with. You can also check out the websites below, which are popular vendors for suspension parts made for our trucks. Good luck.

www.toyteclifts.com
www.wheelersoffroad.com
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Yours looks sweet what lift is yours ?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
troy28 is on a distinguished road
troy28's Tacoma Gallery
My $0.02 is the OME. You really need plan out if you are going to be adding any other weight i.e. bumpers, winch, skids, sliders.... If you go with OME you will have to pick your front coils to match your truck and weight. I did the full OME dakara, nitro shocks, 885 coils. Ride is great. I also did the LR UCA and a U bolt flip. Again I suggest you also pick out what you would like to do with wheels and tires. It can be a real PIA if you get it all done then have to do it again to change your UCA. Also feel free to call ARB for suggestions. Their tech line is great to talk with.

Since everything functions as a system it is not the easiest to break it up into parts with out having to redo some of the work. It can get salty to do all at once but is a one and done. It also feels like you just got a brand new truck.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
I need some help here, I have white 2011 tacoma , and i want to lift it, what are some good suggestions for a good brand, im looking for a 3 inch front lift and idk if i should do anything to the back.
Need more info before you can discuss specifics. Double, access or regular cab? 2wd or 4wd? Hauling anything?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Need more info before you can discuss specifics. Double, access or regular cab? 2wd or 4wd? Hauling anything?
It's a double cab TRD Sport , more for the looks not hauling anything
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy28 View Post
My $0.02 is the OME. You really need plan out if you are going to be adding any other weight i.e. bumpers, winch, skids, sliders.... If you go with OME you will have to pick your front coils to match your truck and weight. I did the full OME dakara, nitro shocks, 885 coils. Ride is great. I also did the LR UCA and a U bolt flip. Again I suggest you also pick out what you would like to do with wheels and tires. It can be a real PIA if you get it all done then have to do it again to change your UCA. Also feel free to call ARB for suggestions. Their tech line is great to talk with.

Since everything functions as a system it is not the easiest to break it up into parts with out having to redo some of the work. It can get salty to do all at once but is a one and done. It also feels like you just got a brand new truck.
It's probably gonna be just a light bar in front , and the wheels are going to be 285 instead of 265
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Dan
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
Yours looks sweet what lift is yours ?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
This forum has a lot of good info. I was in your shoes about 2 years ago, I researched a ton of different threads and websites and ended up going with an Old Man Emu 3" complete suspension kit. I couldn't be happier, but it all depends on what you intend to do with your truck, and how much money you want to spend. The search button in the top right of this webpage is very helpful - with a little bit of searching and reading, you should be able to answer just about any question you can come up with. You can also check out the websites below, which are popular vendors for suspension parts made for our trucks. Good luck.