Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension suggestions >?

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
Senior Member
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
Joined: Oct 2012, #88101
Location: Glendale, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 129
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
suspension suggestions >?

I need some help here, I have white 2011 tacoma , and i want to lift it, what are some good suggestions for a good brand, im looking for a 3 inch front lift and idk if i should do anything to the back.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
Senior Member
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light
 
BassMaster06's Avatar
Name: Dan
Joined: Aug 2010, #41558
Location: Charleston, SC
Age: 28
Gender: Guy
Posts: 589
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
This forum has a lot of good info. I was in your shoes about 2 years ago, I researched a ton of different threads and websites and ended up going with an Old Man Emu 3" complete suspension kit. I couldn't be happier, but it all depends on what you intend to do with your truck, and how much money you want to spend. The search button in the top right of this webpage is very helpful - with a little bit of searching and reading, you should be able to answer just about any question you can come up with. You can also check out the websites below, which are popular vendors for suspension parts made for our trucks. Good luck.

www.toyteclifts.com
www.wheelersoffroad.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
Senior Member
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
Joined: Oct 2012, #88101
Location: Glendale, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 129
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Yours looks sweet what lift is yours ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
troy28 is on a distinguished road
Joined: Dec 2011, #68095
Location: Capitol of Salty Roads
Gender: Male
Posts: 130
troy28's Tacoma Gallery
My $0.02 is the OME. You really need plan out if you are going to be adding any other weight i.e. bumpers, winch, skids, sliders.... If you go with OME you will have to pick your front coils to match your truck and weight. I did the full OME dakara, nitro shocks, 885 coils. Ride is great. I also did the LR UCA and a U bolt flip. Again I suggest you also pick out what you would like to do with wheels and tires. It can be a real PIA if you get it all done then have to do it again to change your UCA. Also feel free to call ARB for suggestions. Their tech line is great to talk with.

Since everything functions as a system it is not the easiest to break it up into parts with out having to redo some of the work. It can get salty to do all at once but is a one and done. It also feels like you just got a brand new truck.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed
 
JonnyBb's Avatar
Joined: Mar 2011, #53778
Location: Arkansas
Age: 41
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,671
JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
I need some help here, I have white 2011 tacoma , and i want to lift it, what are some good suggestions for a good brand, im looking for a 3 inch front lift and idk if i should do anything to the back.
Need more info before you can discuss specifics. Double, access or regular cab? 2wd or 4wd? Hauling anything?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
Senior Member
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
Joined: Oct 2012, #88101
Location: Glendale, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 129
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBb View Post
Need more info before you can discuss specifics. Double, access or regular cab? 2wd or 4wd? Hauling anything?
It's a double cab TRD Sport , more for the looks not hauling anything
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
Senior Member
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
Joined: Oct 2012, #88101
Location: Glendale, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 129
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy28 View Post
My $0.02 is the OME. You really need plan out if you are going to be adding any other weight i.e. bumpers, winch, skids, sliders.... If you go with OME you will have to pick your front coils to match your truck and weight. I did the full OME dakara, nitro shocks, 885 coils. Ride is great. I also did the LR UCA and a U bolt flip. Again I suggest you also pick out what you would like to do with wheels and tires. It can be a real PIA if you get it all done then have to do it again to change your UCA. Also feel free to call ARB for suggestions. Their tech line is great to talk with.

Since everything functions as a system it is not the easiest to break it up into parts with out having to redo some of the work. It can get salty to do all at once but is a one and done. It also feels like you just got a brand new truck.
It's probably gonna be just a light bar in front , and the wheels are going to be 285 instead of 265
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
Senior Member
BassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of lightBassMaster06 is a glorious beacon of light
 
BassMaster06's Avatar
Name: Dan
Joined: Aug 2010, #41558
Location: Charleston, SC
Age: 28
Gender: Guy
Posts: 589
BassMaster06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilminasian View Post
Yours looks sweet what lift is yours ?
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster06 View Post
This forum has a lot of good info. I was in your shoes about 2 years ago, I researched a ton of different threads and websites and ended up going with an Old Man Emu 3" complete suspension kit. I couldn't be happier, but it all depends on what you intend to do with your truck, and how much money you want to spend. The search button in the top right of this webpage is very helpful - with a little bit of searching and reading, you should be able to answer just about any question you can come up with. You can also check out the websites below, which are popular vendors for suspension parts made for our trucks. Good luck.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspension Suggestions BmanDad Suspension 20 08-07-2011 09:27 PM
suspension suggestions? T.J. Suspension 4 01-07-2011 04:32 PM
NM taco owners lets plan a trip to southern>>>> tacoman68 South West 0 12-26-2010 05:22 PM
REVIEWS>>>>Rev-Tek 3” Lift Kit for a Toyota Tacoma comcastjoe Product Reviews 1 08-08-2010 05:07 PM
Suspension suggestions? NiceTaco 2nd Gen. Tacomas 16 11-05-2008 05:20 PM


Copyright © 2014 Tacoma Forum. Tacoma World is not owned by, or affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation.