Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Define a "Real" lift for off roading!!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Junya808 is on a distinguished road

Junya808's Tacoma Gallery
Define a "Real" lift for off roading!!

So of course I live in Hawaii, my so called friends says that a 12" lift is a real lift. I have a 3" lift with the icons coilovers up front and icons shocks with the resivior at the rear. For some odd reason I get ragged on for my performance lift while he has a 6" procomp lift with 3" spacers and blocks also a 3" body lift and to top it off he has 20" wheels!! How does it even perform off road and on?!!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet"
HawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedHawaiiTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
HawaiiTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Your friends lift is a foolish waste of money, don't buy into it. My'86 had four inch suspension and three inch body to clear 36's, that's the max I would ever go. Just my personal opinion though I've seen a few trucks on the island lifted beyond the point of functionality and performance.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junya808 View Post
So of course I live in Hawaii, my so called friends says that a 12" lift is a real lift. I have a 3" lift with the icons coilovers up front and icons shocks with the resivior at the rear. For some odd reason I get ragged on for my performance lift while he has a 6" procomp lift with 3" spacers and blocks also a 3" body lift and to top it off he has 20" wheels!! How does it even perform off road and on?!!

I only have one thing to say about that setup. Braaaaapppp!!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:46 AM   #5
Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
Konaborne's Tacoma Gallery
thats just how it is here.

supah wide tires with skyin lifts

but theyre all for show

and they ride like shit.

nobody wheels their shit here, everyone's too worried about tiyah shine and stayin oily.

there was a TTORA meetup awhile ago to wheel...people came once then stopped coming because they scratched the paint on their skids or chipped their 18-20" wheels
Old 10-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
thats just how it is here.

supah wide tires with skyin lifts

but theyre all for show

and they ride like shit.

nobody wheels their shit here, everyone's too worried about tiyah shine and stayin oily.

there was a TTORA meetup awhile ago to wheel...people came once then stopped coming because they scratched the paint on their skids or chipped their 18-20" wheels

Most of them have a big ego and I still don't get the whole thing with wide ass tires?!!
Oh by the way what does it take to get a "tacoma world" sticker from you?
Old 10-02-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
n00b waffle
mutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shedmutilatedjak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mutilatedjak's Tacoma Gallery
dont let them get to you! Just point out how your 3in functional/performance lift actually has the same or more ground clearance than his 6in DB lift. That always cracks me up heh. Like others have said its all looks, and in my opinion the look isnt good. I am all about form following function. Just take your friend wheeling and the better truck will be obvious.

that or just show him this... heh

Old 10-02-2012, 02:27 AM   #8
Blueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueberry is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Blueberry's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Most of them have a big ego and I still don't get the whole thing with wide ass tires?!!
Just PM tcBob your address and let him know you want one. It'll show up eventually.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:29 AM   #9
Konaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shedKonaborne is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
which island are you on?

personally, I don't give a flying fuck. My 3.5" lift with 4" out back will outflex and outdo any of their shitty DB lifts with a stock leaf pack, bunch of AALs and blocks

the last time someone laughed and did the whole "mine's higher, better offroad" I took a my tape measure and measured diff clearances. Mine was higher
Old 10-02-2012, 02:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Just PM tcBob your address and let him know you want one. It'll show up eventually.
10-4 on that!!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:47 AM   #12

Quote:
which island are you on?

personally, I don't give a flying fuck. My 3.5" lift with 4" out back will outflex and outdo any of their shitty DB lifts with a stock leaf pack, bunch of AALs and blocks

the last time someone laughed and did the whole "mine's higher, better offroad" I took a my tape measure and measured diff clearances. Mine was higher
I'm on Maui

Oh and let's not forget the wide stretched tires with the spacers!!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:49 AM   #13

Quote:
I'm on Maui

Oh and let's not forget the wide stretched tires with the spacers!!
stupid IMHO.

They say it's to float on sand

but hardly any of them go in sand, or mud
and they rarely change gears; a friend of mine use to run 15 wides...then his diff exploded.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 AM   #15

Quote:
or that too haha
Maybe I should just pm you my address, might get here probably sooner.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:16 AM   #16
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
REAL MANS LIFT

YEEEWWWWW!!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx novice View Post
I agree. Take him four wheeling. Do some hill climbs , flexing , then watch his attitude change. AND four wheeling at the mall Is Not four wheeling
Haha true that, it may make the young boys and girls drooling but anyone that know there stuff is not gonna get fooled by it..lol
Old 10-02-2012, 03:22 AM   #18
that was'nt a vitamin!!
pippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shedpippen is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pippen
pippen's Tacoma Gallery
Oh btw how do you have 20" tires?! What is that 16" rims with the lowest profile street tires??
Old 10-02-2012, 03:23 AM   #19

Quote:
Haha true that, it may make the young boys and girls drooling but anyone that know there stuff is not gonna get fooled by it..lol
A few lady friends used to subscribe to the "higher is better" way of thinking, then I took them wheeling with me...
they dont think that way anymore
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippen View Post
Oh btw how do you have 20" tires?! What is that 16" rims with the lowest profile street tires??
Haha it's 20" wheels not tires.