Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

anyone have alignment issues with the 5100's?

Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
anyone have alignment issues with the 5100's?

before i go ahead with this, i was wondering if anyone has had any issues with re-alignment after installing the bilstein 5100's @ 1.75"?
on 2012 models to be more specific.

thanks.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
mine is not a 2012, but it is a 2nd gen, no issues getting it aligned
Old 10-02-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
Having trouble with mine set at 1.75 whic I shouldn't different shop is doing it tm first guy just give me a hot pass. Then Toyota dealer said they couldn't align it so hopefully next shop can getting pissed cause pretty sure dealer just didn't wanna do it and other guy just didn't give a damn maybe 3rd time is a charm
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleveland48 View Post
Having trouble with mine set at 1.75 whic I shouldn't different shop is doing it tm first guy just give me a hot pass. Then Toyota dealer said they couldn't align it so hopefully next shop can getting pissed cause pretty sure dealer just didn't wanna do it and other guy just didn't give a damn maybe 3rd time is a charm
that sucks, good luck, i was hoping to NOT have any replies like this
Old 10-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Mine are at 2.5, and the alignment was done by Toyota of mcdonough

If that helps any
Old 10-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
cleveland48 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andrew
cleveland48's Tacoma Gallery
There shouldn't be any problems I'm sure my problem is lazy or piss poor mechanics ill let u know tm evening if this shop fixes it for me was pretty pissed that Toyota said they didn't have the equipment
Old 10-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Dealer had to do a lot of adjustment on my '09 set at 0.85, said it was close but they got it. The 1.75 setting may have it right on the edge. Did you change tires and wheels as well?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenBeers View Post
Dealer had to do a lot of adjustment on my '09 set at 0.85, said it was close but they got it. The 1.75 setting may have it right on the edge. Did you change tires and wheels as well?
im going to put 265/70/17 duratracs on the stock wheels, i have been told by others that have them that they'll fit with everything stock. i just wanted to level the front a bit with the 5100's, but might not if it's going to be a problem getting it properly aligned.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
im going to put 265/70/17 duratracs on the stock wheels, i have been told by others that have them that they'll fit with everything stock. i just wanted to level the front a bit with the 5100's, but might not if it's going to be a problem getting it properly aligned.
That's close enough to the stock tire size and shouldn't be a problem. Get it aligned with the wheels and tires you are going to use on it, though. If you haven't changed tire sizes or wheels yet, they *should* be able to align it even at 1.75. But, it may be right on or just past the edge and they may only be able to get it close. Some people are OK with it being close, others want it in spec, your call in the end. Going from 65 to 70 shouldn't make a big difference.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #10
I like tacos and burritos
Markallyn86 is on a distinguished road

Name: Mark
Markallyn86's Tacoma Gallery
Had mine done at toyota after i installed 5100's at 1.75 went fine, no problems. Rides better than stock. cost around 100 after tax.

Dooooo itt.