Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

02 Suspension Replacement HELP!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
TrippTheGreat
BehindUranus is on a distinguished road

Name: Tripp
BehindUranus's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 02 Suspension Replacement HELP!!!

Hey guys and gals,

The dealio

Looking to replace my front struts and rear leaf springs. Currently everything is OE and in semi-bad shape. My leaf springs are flattened out instead of being a smiley-face and getting to be a rainbow shape-----not good----. The front struts are almost to short to clear the 17x9 Gear Recoil rims with Cooper Discoverer AT3 265-65/R17 tires I have. If i turn to tight the tires scrape the inside of the wheel well or if i shift the suspension to much, considering I dont have much currently it makes sense.

Front Struts:
I have been considering the Rancho Quick-Lift complete front struts for clear the front. I understand they add 1 inch or so to the front to basically level the truck. Can these struts be lifted more, are they good for that or bad? Better suggestions?
----------------------------------
Idea
http://gorancho.com/suspension.php?m..._toyota_tacoma

Leaf Springs:

My leaf springs are in pretty bad shape like i said above. They are almost to the point of becoming rainbow shaped instead of flat. Need a replacement soon-ish. Ride is horrible. Anyways onto the point. Looking to replace with NEW or find a Lift kit possibly 2-3 inch kit that provides replacement Leaf Springs, not just an AAL. From what i can find from area dealers no company makes a complete kit anymore that includes Front Struts and Aftermarket Leaf Springs. Any ideas?
-------------------------------

Basically,
looking to replace the suspension for best suspension for LEAST money possible. Any ideas? Thought? Etc? Lemme know.

Thanks,
BehindUranus aka Tripp
Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #2
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Why don't you look into OME suspension, cheap and excellent quality.