Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 in front & stock rear

Old 10-03-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 in front & stock rear

Hey, just a quick question. I have a SR5 doublecab 4x4. If I go with bilstein 5100's in the front set at 1.75" and keep the rear stock, will the ride quality improve much? The SR5 does not come with bilsteins stock in the rear.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
setting them at 1.75 lifts the truck by compressing the spring, so ride quality isnt going to improve. i have mine at 2.5 and my truck rides like shit
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
It will be a little stiff but not to bad.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Really? From what I have read on here, I though they were considerably better than stockers.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #5
5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously
tacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoftw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoftw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshirts View Post
It will be a little stiff but not to bad.
yeah im thinking @1.75 it shouldnt be too bad, and btw, having stock shocks on the rear wont really make a difference unless your stock ones are blown
Old 10-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
It will be fine just do it. You prolly won't even notice
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #7
1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future1stacoma has a brilliant future

1stacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Same here my truck is at 2.5" with 5100 and it leaves allot to be desired in the ride quality department. I will probably go to OME 885's in the future. But it is a good way to lift much better than a spacer lift. 1.75" of lift will have a better ride than having it at 2.5". The truck handles much better now and I also have an SR5. I would recommend getting billy's all the way around.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 AM   #8

Good stuff. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:02 AM   #9

Got them ordered.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #10
XREILLYX is on a distinguished road

Name: Reilly
XREILLYX's Tacoma Gallery
I have the spacer in now and it rides awesome. But everyone is telling me to get bilstein 5100's but I have read everywhere that if I want over a 2 inch lift it rides like crap! So what I am wondering is why get the 5100's?