1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rear shocks question

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Snake~, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Oct 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    Now that my stock tires are almost shot, I'm finally ready to install my 5100s along with new tires. My plan was to do the fronts at 2.5 and the rear TSB with 1.5 AAL. But after hearing that TSB+AAL puts me in no mans land for the rear shocks, I'm thinking about the fronts at 1.75 and no AAL. I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with TSB+AAL and either the stock shocks or either of the rear 5100s? I don't do any off-roading but I'm paranoid that a speed bump or pot hole is going to kill my rear shocks if I add the AAL to the TSB springs.

2. Oct 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    If you don't offroad, they be fine! I flexed them out tons and only switched because I wanted more travel......the limit droop but wont come in to play for DD.

Products Discussed in

To Top