Notices

Lift Install/Dealership

Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #1
NCSlang is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Instructor
Name: Harper
NCSlang's Tacoma Gallery
Angry Lift Install/Dealership

I called my dealership about a possible lift kit installation, who then informed me Toyota does not partner with any company that makes/sells lift kits for Toyota tacomas. Buying/installing one would then void my suspension warrenty if I did decide to install..anyway around this?
Old 10-04-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Another load of BS from Toyota.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
x2....buy it and have someone help you install....if you lived close i could do it for you
Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
NCSlang's Tacoma Gallery
It's a bunch of BullS*it. I wont be getting it done before winter hits but i'll like to have all my ducks in a row with everything ready for when spring comes around again. I'll probably buy it online and hold on till spring, toyota has already screwed up a few things on my truck and it's only 5 months old
Old 10-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #5
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
yes..where do you live? TW is full of helpful people..Mod days are very popular here.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
....and your a female so i gurantee someone will......
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSlang View Post
I called my dealership about a possible lift kit installation, who then informed me Toyota does not partner with any company that makes/sells lift kits for Toyota tacomas. Buying/installing one would then void my suspension warrenty if I did decide to install..anyway around this?
It's the dealership's call whether or not they want to install parts brought in from somewhere else. Some privately owned shops also won't install parts unless you purchase through them.

As far as the warranty, it's accurate. Toyota won't warranty an aftermarket part or any part that an aftermarket part caused to fail.

I guess I'm not seeing where there's a big issue here... I'd find another local shop willing to install your lift. If you can find a 4x4 shop or off road shop, they'll likely do a better job of it anyways as they'll be familiar with the components.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
NCSlang's Tacoma Gallery
North Dakota. great place for trucks with all the snow we get. Been doing some research and havent set in stone if I want a 3 or 6" put on
Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
NCSlang's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It's the dealership's call whether or not they want to install parts brought in from somewhere else. Some privately owned shops also won't install parts unless you purchase through them.

As far as the warranty, it's accurate. Toyota won't warranty an aftermarket part or any part that an aftermarket part caused to fail.

I guess I'm not seeing where there's a big issue here... I'd find another local shop willing to install your lift. If you can find a 4x4 shop or off road shop, they'll likely do a better job of it anyways as they'll be familiar with the components.

I'd be going to one of those if I wasnt stationed in such a small town where there are NO off road shops that Im willing to leave my truck with. I'm not extreamly familiar with the after market parts/warrenty issue.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #10
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post

^^^ This exactly.. My dealership had no problem throwing in an AAL from Toytec for me when they did the TSB, but they specifically mentioned that it would not be covered under warranty. Same if you were to replace out the front shocks and coils, they wouldn't cover those either. Everything else under your warranty is still valid.