Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tires rubbing

Old 01-19-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
"Kill BABIES"
Re8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRe8elmonk0341 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Bn 7th Marine Kilo Co. Weapons PLT - Infantry Mortarman
Name: m0nk
Re8elmonk0341's Tacoma Gallery
Tires rubbing

Anyone have an issue with your tires rubbing on the plastic part when they make a wide turn? Im just gonna cut that part off. wondering what some of ya'll think?
Old 01-19-2009, 12:27 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Ah, the inner fender rub.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
If you are talking about the inner well, towards the front, those two buldges that hang down, you can cut them. I measured about an inch up and cut downwards at an angle.
I also had to cut the flare at the very bottom, no biggie and have pic's to show where I cut it. Since these were done no rubbing at full turn L or R.
longbow if you dont mind to throw those pics up where you trimmed the flare that would be great. I still have some rub somehow and was curious how far you trimmed the flares.

thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #12
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yea I dremeled it before. Mine almost looks trimmed that much. It is just bugging me that I havent gotten it all to go away. but I also think I am still rubbing on the body mounts mostly but only when flexed, flying into a parking lot or something like it. But every once in a while it still sounds like plastic rub.

thx for the pics
Old 01-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #14
East Bound and Down

yep its only in a certain spot under lots of flex. I think I have it calculated in my head that a 17/18 by 8/8.5 wheel with minimal negative offset and in between 4.5"/5" backspacing will solve this problem,.........maybe.

The wheels I want to try this thought process with are the American Racing Thugs (17x8.5 -6mm offset and 4.53 BS) I dono well see when my money tree grows.