LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Leaf and rear diff questions after lift. Pics.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 AM   #1
SmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
SmEYELey's Tacoma Gallery
Leaf and rear diff questions after lift. Pics.

Hello TW!
Well lets start with here's my truck as it sits now

now i know i have bro lean and i need to fix it, just don't have the funds right now to do that. My questions is looking under my truck the other day i noticed this

My rear diff seems to be leaking oil. Now, it's kinda hard to describe but, when you wipe it it doesn't feel like oil nor smell like oil. There is no puddle or wet spot were the truck is parked as well. I was planning on power washing it and cleaning it up and seeing if this isn't prescient. Just wondering though if the rear diff is leaking could this be cause by the rake? I've had someone tell me it's probably cause all the oil is going to the rear and causing the diff to overheat. I have a hard time believing that. Was just wondering what your guys thoughts were. Also my rear as is sits now is stock and looking at the leaves, which look like this...

are leveled and don't have that arc in them anymore. Is this going to cause them to prematurely fail or sag? Just wondering what you guys think on these two subjects. Any comments is appreciated.........well expect that i have bro lean and i need to fix it, cause i know.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #3
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
my leafs looked like that at around 70K miles. still rode ok but soon after they developed negative arch, then the one leaf broke in half around 89 or 90K miles....i forget when exactly. from what i've read, the stock leaf packs last around 60K or so then they are done because they suck and are only a 3 leaf.

also, this happend on my single cab 4x4
Old 10-10-2012, 04:30 PM   #4
hanrock is on a distinguished road

Name: craig
hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
check diff level also ur brake lines are right above the diff check them for leak as well check brake fluid too ...
Old 10-11-2012, 08:12 PM   #5
SmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
SmEYELey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
my leafs looked like that at around 70K miles. still rode ok but soon after they developed negative arch, then the one leaf broke in half around 89 or 90K miles....i forget when exactly. from what i've read, the stock leaf packs last around 60K or so then they are done because they suck and are only a 3 leaf.

also, this happend on my single cab 4x4
fuaaa looks like i'ma have to look faster for a aal then. Didn't even think about negative arch, kinda make me not want to put anything in my bed now.