Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Toytec Lift Kits

Old 01-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
tacomadude1234 is on a distinguished road
tacomadude1234's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec Lift Kits

Hey guys I was looking at lift kits for my 2009 4x4 double cab Tacoma and I stumbled across Toytec. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these systems. I want to do the 3 inch add-a-leaf in the back and 3.5 inch adjustable coil overs. Its one package at toytec. It costs a little over a grand, and money is tight so I need to make sure that when I purchase a lift, it will last. I do not like the idea of spacers either. If I don't go with toytec it will be fabtec. I already have 33 inch tires on 17x9 rims ready to go. Any ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks a bunch.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
It's a very good lift. I bet 90% of the lifted Tacomas on this site are lifted with Toytec. PM Neubs for a toytec discount too!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Thats a good kit:

One thing I did was get one priced with what I preferred such as rear 5125's instead of the procomps. Here is what I came up with:

Ex. Brake Lines 70
C/Os 800.00
TSB AAL 80.00
(5125s) 200.00
Diff Drop 30.00
Sway bar clamps 20.00

= 1,200

As far as FABTECH, uh, thats a whole different ball Game. $1600ish was cheapest I seen during Christmas specials for the Basic kit. And install can range around $700 and up. Plus they use a spacer in front and block in rear. More for looks unless you pay out the ass for their more pricey C/O performace series..

If you are looking to fit them 33's, 3" is the way to go. Looks sweet, rides great, and awesome for hitting the trails. Just helped a buddy this weekend install his C/O's and UCA's. Deffinately the setup I want to have after seeing it in person.

PM Neubs if you have any other questions of the ToyTech products and pricing.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Thanks for the help and quick responses guys. I'm a new member here, and I really like it so far. I referred this forum to a couple friends of mine who own tacoma's as well.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 AM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
You should wait toytec is a vendor here now and will be doing a group buy on their products. Toytec makes a good product alot of good feedback from people and my buddies like their lifts.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
One thing I did was get one priced with what I preferred such as rear 5125's instead of the procomps. Here is what I came up with:

Ex. Brake Lines 70
C/Os 800.00
TSB AAL 80.00
(5125s) 200.00
Diff Drop 30.00
Sway bar clamps 20.00

= 1,200

As far as FABTECH, uh, thats a whole different ball Game. $1600ish was cheapest I seen during Christmas specials for the Basic kit. And install can range around $700 and up. Plus they use a spacer in front and block in rear. More for looks unless you pay out the ass for their more pricey C/O performace series..

If you are looking to fit them 33's, 3" is the way to go. Looks sweet, rides great, and awesome for hitting the trails. Just helped a buddy this weekend install his C/O's and UCA's. Deffinately the setup I want to have after seeing it in person.

PM Neubs if you have any other questions of the ToyTech products and pricing.

the guys at apple hill 4x4 install the six inch procomp stage one lift and the skid plate plus balance the tires and alignment for 1700 bucks. i couldnt beat that with a stick
Old 01-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
You should wait toytec is a vendor here now and will be doing a group buy on their products. Toytec makes a good product alot of good feedback from people and my buddies like their lifts.
How soon???

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgrednek3006 View Post
the guys at apple hill 4x4 install the six inch procomp stage one lift and the skid plate plus balance the tires and alignment for 1700 bucks. i couldnt beat that with a stick
Wow, cant argue with that one. With that pricing, seems like it all depends on what look you want. If you plan on offraoding alot, you might wanna stay in the 3" range.

But hey, enjoy the modding.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #9
Cool dudes. I think i'm gonna go for the toytec 3 inch lift. As for the UCA's, they will come later. I won't go the full 3.5 on the CO's until I get them. I believe that kit comes with a 2.5 AAL system for the rear so 3 inches in the front and 2.5 in the back should look ok, with 33's on 17x9's. When I get some more money i'll buy the UCA's and raise it up a little more to level.

As for the procomp posting, thats a sweet deal. Stage 1 though, is that just basic? I didn't think that was a performance lift, so i tried to stay away from it. Plus, no lift companies have come out with a 6 inch lift for the 2009 tacoma's because they are equiped with VSC (vehicle stability control). 3 inch is all i need anyway, I do travel a little, and I hunt four wheel and just play around in the hills alot. So 3 inch should be great. I just want a quality lift is all.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
And once its done I will post all kinds of pictures to check out.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:48 PM   #11
Aspiring wrench monkey
TacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of lightTacoCo is a glorious beacon of light

TacoCo's Tacoma Gallery
I think that Toytec 3" coilover package looks like a sweet deal. They had it listed for $999 initially... Neubs can get a 10% discount code for you I believe, which makes it an even better deal. There's also an upcoming group buy as socalman mentioned, so might want to wait and see what kind of deal they offer for that. I know they did a GB on Toyota Nation a while back, and had pretty good discounts on just the coilovers.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
Sticks For Troops
AFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shedAFButters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: (T2T2X1)Air Transportation Technical Training Instructor
Name: "Butters"
AFButters's Tacoma Gallery
check out the Toytec Ultimate package if you want the Coilovers.

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
Old 01-20-2009, 01:42 PM   #13
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude1234 View Post
Cool dudes. I think i'm gonna go for the toytec 3 inch lift. As for the UCA's, they will come later. I won't go the full 3.5 on the CO's until I get them. I believe that kit comes with a 2.5 AAL system for the rear so 3 inches in the front and 2.5 in the back should look ok, with 33's on 17x9's. When I get some more money i'll buy the UCA's and raise it up a little more to level.

As for the procomp posting, thats a sweet deal. Stage 1 though, is that just basic? I didn't think that was a performance lift, so i tried to stay away from it. Plus, no lift companies have come out with a 6 inch lift for the 2009 tacoma's because they are equiped with VSC (vehicle stability control). 3 inch is all i need anyway, I do travel a little, and I hunt four wheel and just play around in the hills alot. So 3 inch should be great. I just want a quality lift is all.
Just to let you know (unless I misinterpreted you), UCAs don't provide any additional lift. It allows you to correct alignment issues when lifting over 2".
Old 01-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #14
headhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedheadhunter247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

headhunter247's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomadude1234 View Post
Thanks for the help and quick responses guys. I'm a new member here, and I really like it so far. I referred this forum to a couple friends of mine who own tacoma's as well.
Another thing I learned this week. New UCAs are pretty important. Spend the money for them. Total Chaos.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
Longhorn, ya I meant that I won't adjust the CO's to the full 3.5 until I get aftermarket UCA's because of the extra stress on the stock UCA's. Thanks for the info though.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #17
armstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shedarmstrsm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Aviator...Four Fans Of Freedom
Name: Sean
armstrsm's Tacoma Gallery
Ok im sure this has been brought up before but... Ive got the 6 yr 100K warranty. Ive heard through the grapevine ...(my mom) who used to work in a Toyota body shop... That mods like these may void may warranty. Is there any validaty to this??? Do i have to wait 4 more years!!! Cause ive been serously eyeing TOYTEC's 3" med/ heavy lift kit
Old 01-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #18
armstrm, I have spoken directly with the Maintainance/Services person at the Toyota Dealership about warranties regarding superchargers, and liftkits. I have the extended warranty as well. He said that usually they won't say much about your lifted truck when its not lifted really high with super big tires. Stay normal pretty much. Either way, the lift kit would only effect drive train warranties. The supercharger stuff would be ok if you got the TRD supercharger and had the dealership install it for you. In that case, you would recieve the full warranty on the supercharger. However your warranty decreases if you don't get a TRD one, or if you install it yourself. Thats pretty much what i got from him.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM   #19
Oh and he also said that unless they can positively prove that an aftermarket intall caused a problem which affected your dealership warranty they usually will not even try. example..you have a cold air intake put on, and your tranny goes out. Your covered. Or you put a lift on and your engine blows. your covered. Basically stupid stuff. It may be more of an issue if you had a supercharger you installed yourself and your engine fried, however if they cannot directly relate the supercharger to it, you most likely will be ok.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:21 AM   #20
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLDGEZR View Post
So, if I go with this kit price to raise my 09 DC 4x4 I should still buy the UCAs to avoid stress on the stock ones.

Can someone explain to me ( without making me look like a dumbass) what is the difference ( other than dollars) of using a lift kit like this and just using a 3" truxxx leveling kit that costs $450 installed.

I just want to try to accomplish this task as right as I can the first time. I have read countless stories on here where people have bought a leveling kit and within a few months they are changing to the coilovers.

ideas, opinions, suggestions welcome.
Leveling kits are made for looks. They are not effective, comfortable, or stable for use offroad. It uses spacers and blocks. Easy to install for the most part, but not designed to take the stresses of offroading.

To do it "right" it will cost you-But go with a coilover or replacement spring setup.. I think...