Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Has anyone lowered thier 5100's?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone lowered thier 5100's?

So I've been debating lowering my 5100's from 2.5 to 1.75. Curious if anyone has done this and noticed a difference in ride quality.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #3
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
I would assume that by lowering the spring perch height, you would lessen the amount of preload on the coil thus giving you a smoother ride.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
Set them at 0 and get some OME 885s. Youll get around the same 2.5 inch lift (maybe more since your a preener) and the ride quality will be day and night!
Old 10-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
Flynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlynn Diesel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Flynn Diesel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardude View Post
Set them at 0 and get some OME 885s. Youll get around the same 2.5 inch lift (maybe more since your a preener) and the ride quality will be day and night!
boardude, I had them set at 2.5 to clear my 285's. If I set them at "0" and swap the coils for 885's will I get the same clearance?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn Diesel View Post
boardude, I had them set at 2.5 to clear my 285's. If I set them at "0" and swap the coils for 885's will I get the same clearance?
You should get roughly about the same but I would add the top plate spacer to get a full 3" of lift. Thats how my setup is right now with 285's.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
BOOMSHAKALAKA
boardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud ofboardude has much to be proud of

Name: Bomb.com
boardude's Tacoma Gallery
^^This. I also added the top plates to get the full 3" and I love how she sits and rides