LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's Question...

Old 10-10-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
aphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shedaphex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aphex's Tacoma Gallery
5100's Question...

Says the following on the Toytec website where they are selling the set of 4 Bilstein 5100's together...
NOTE: Front Upper bushings and washers are not included from Bilstein in this part number, order separately if needed.

** SOME Tacoma models with a total of 4 leafs (3 main leafs, 1 overload) in the rear leaf pack require our TSB AAL- Part # TAC-AL-TSB. Please count how many leafs you have before ordering **

Questions:

1. My truck has only 9500 miles on it. Are the front upper bushings and washers something I will need to order, or something I already have on the truck that can be re-used?

2. What is up with the second thing there? Are they trying to suggest that even if I have the rear leaf TSB done on my tacoma that I would need an additional AAL for some reason? I was under the impression that with these 4 shocks, the rear leaf TSB, the fronts set at 0, and eibach coils that I would be about level with about 1.5-1.75" of lift. Is there anything wrong with that logic?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Stock the back is slightly higher then in the front, a bit more with the TSB. The coils (Eibach or OME), which give you about 1.5" of lift, will actaully come close to leveling you out, but you may have a slight rake. As for the bushings and washers, just use whats there.

The second note refers to doing the rear Add-A-Leaf. If you are not doing anything with the rear, ignor the note.