Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein set at 2.5

Old 01-19-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein set at 2.5

can anyone post me pics of their tacos set to 2.5 with the bilstein or any lift?

and if u have it can u tell me if u put anything on the back to level it out?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 PM   #2
josh3972000 is on a distinguished road
Army: 101st airborne Division (3/502)  25th Infantry Division (1/27)
josh3972000's Tacoma Gallery
I have 1.5 in the rear. 2.5 in the front sits level.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
here's mine at 2.5" and TSB rear leafs on 265/75R16's...
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
here's mine at 2.5" and TSB rear leafs on 265/75R16's...
looks great.

did u have to get anything done besides alignment after u adjusted the shocks?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
looks great.

did u have to get anything done besides alignment after u adjusted the shocks?

nah, just the alignment will be fine. the only correction that was needed when i had my alignment done was for "toe". everything else was spot on.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
did u do it urself?

oh and another question

i feel like 2.5 isnt enough and i want to go 3".

are u satisfied with 2.5?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
Power Top

i installed them myself but i have access to a proper spring/strut compressor at my work. overall it's an easy install. so far the 2.5" lift has been decent but you know, always wanting to go more. soon though i'll be getting coilovers to accommodate a front bumper and winch. as for you saying maybe something more then a 2.5" lift...well, thats all suggestive to what your wants and needs are for your Taco. plenty of options out there that works well, just be sure to research everything out before you make the final decision before pulling the trigger.
Old 01-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
PPD934 is on a distinguished road
PPD934's Tacoma Gallery
it would be very hard to really see the difference in only a .5 inch of lift... side by side maybe but not just sitting alone
Old 01-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #9
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPD934 View Post
it would be very hard to really see the difference in only a .5 inch of lift... side by side maybe but not just sitting alone
right but i want to fit 33's without trimming and that would give the truck another inch
Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #10
Carolina Alliance
jolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shedjolayiv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SSgt 6332
Name: Jim
jolayiv's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jolayiv
Just get the 3". You will be much happier.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:43 PM   #11
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

would work with my shocks right?

i think i want to put my shocks to .75 even tho their suppose to be all the way down.

i dont think it would hurt that much would it?