Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What's Wrong With My Leaf's?

Old 10-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
I owe it all to little chocolate donuts
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
What's Wrong With My Leaf's?

My leafs are squeaking after a recent trip in the mountains and I know lots of people complain about that, but look at these pictures and tell me whats wrong. I think they are spent, but need your input...thanks in advance. BTW, I did add a Deaver AAL about a year ago to the stock pack.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #2
blake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblake5995 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
blake5995's Tacoma Gallery
they look shot to me. They are almost sitting level i would say get a new pack.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
The AAL is probably causing the squeaking. Mine started to squeak after i installed my AAL.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #5
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
yes they are shot. and yes you can the AAL.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Std. leaf degradation.
My overloads were almost contacting completely with the aal and the rest of the pack.
I do have lot's of weight in it so I guess better ones are needed in the future.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
JayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shedJayDirt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Wow those are flat. Is your bil bent or is that sleeve just messed up? Id say time for some new springs man
Sleeve/boot is just messed up. Thanks for the input guys. Time to go shopping!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:02 PM   #9

JayDirt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad32509 View Post
Where in SoCal are you?
Huntington Beach...looking for someone who has take off's with low mileage...
Old 10-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #10
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you already flipped the stock overload leaf. That's the cause of the squeak. Never should have done that. Should have bit the bullet and installed new leafs.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #11
Truck ~n~ Tow
TacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: BU3....   Builder with NMCB3 1981-1986...  SeaBee's if that's easier...
TacoDell's Tacoma Gallery
^ the over load spring looks positioned correctly to me
I think yer confusing an over load spring with an add a leaf spring.

But yeah.. those springs look tired.

Squeaks can normally be associated
with the springs eye bushings...
and even the shocks eye bushings.

lube those up when replacing the springs.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
EVILSKEEMZ is on a distinguished road
Name: EVILSKEEMZ
EVILSKEEMZ's Tacoma Gallery
So, I've been following this forum for a bit since I just got my 2013 2.7l 4x4 regular cab. First off I love the truck but this past weekend I put about 480lbs of cement in the back and I noticed a harsh and noisy ride. I unloaded the bed and I noticed the back of the truck sagging. I didn't measure it before the load but it is considerably lower without it, especially on one side (left).The back suspension was making noise with the load and now without. I'm pissed! I called Toyota customer service and got a case number. I made an appointment to go back to the dealer this week. I know of the TSB for the other model years but has anybody had similar problems with any of the 2013's???