1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help leveling or lifting my Tacoma!

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ghostfirex07, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Oct 13, 2012 at 3:13 PM
    ghostfirex07

ghostfirex07 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Lumberton, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4wd
    3in. Ruff Country suspension lift, front push bar, step rails, undercover bedcover, 305/60 Nitto Terra-Grapplers on 18in moto-metal 951s
    OK, so I just replaced a 2in. leveling kit on my 2008 Tacoma with a brand new Ruff Country 3in. suspension lift kit. I'm digging the new ride height, however, the rear of the truck now sits higher than the front. Is there any way for me to lift the front of the truck so that it sits level or possibly a little higher than the back or will i have to remove the rear lift blocks to achieve the desired effect?

2. Oct 13, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    mbmack1

mbmack1 That F'n guy

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    az
    Vehicle:
    SAVAGE silver '06
    The rear might settle if the shocks are new. Mine settled a full inch in about 500 miles but i had also installed new leaf packs at the same time. If not get shorter blocks? U really wouldnt want to go more than 3" in the front. Thats about the max these trucks can safely handle without droping the front cross member due to cv angle. Hope this helps- just speaking from my own experience.

3. Oct 13, 2012 at 3:32 PM
    ghostfirex07

ghostfirex07 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Lumberton, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4wd
    3in. Ruff Country suspension lift, front push bar, step rails, undercover bedcover, 305/60 Nitto Terra-Grapplers on 18in moto-metal 951s
    I've had the lift with the new shocks for two weeks, so i think it's settled about as much as it is going to. But i'm starting to think replacing the 2in. blocks with 1in. ones may do the trick..

4. Oct 14, 2012 at 6:50 AM
    mbmack1

mbmack1 That F'n guy

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    az
    Vehicle:
    SAVAGE silver '06
    So u've got a 3" lift in the front and a 2" rear but back is sitting higher? That should have put it level. Are they the stock leaf packs? How is the front lift achieved i.e... spacers, longer coilovers?

Products Discussed in

To Top