1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

OME Kit what else do I need??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Benny, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Oct 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    Benny

Benny [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB more mods by the month
    Jesus tap dancing Christ ARBs wep page sucks. My buddy owns a shop and one of his suppliers carries ARB so I am going to order this kit:
    http://store.arbusa.com/2-Inch-05+Tacoma-Stock-Kit-OMETAC05LK-P21031.aspx

So I have that SKU that I can use, OMETAC05LK

Someone please answer for me these questions. Do I need additional bushings for the dakkars? If so, what part number? Does this kit come complete with the diff drop, U-bolts and other unknown whatnots that I need? We're blocking off a day to do all this stuff in his shop and what i don't want is to be held up by the lack of some $5 part that I could have easily ordered. Do I NEED to lengthen my brake lines??? If so, could someone recommend a part number and supplier for that please?

Last question- i am going to risk running it on stock UCAs for a while. Its my daily driver. Is that a terrible idea? What is the likelihood that I will need new UCAs? If the consensus is 100 percent likely, I will just order them right now.

2. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:02 PM
    evanmb31

evanmb31 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    Took a quick look at that link, there two items on there that say x1, im guessing one is the trim packet for the driver side coilover and the other is the carrier bearing drop so you should be good, except...you will need 4 new shackle bushings to make the install of the rear leaf springs easier, toyota part number 90389-A0003. Or wheelers sells replacement, you might want to look into new aftermarket upper control arms to prevent alignment issues.
    Edit: looks like you will need u-bolts also, im kinda drunk so i suggest do more research, dont depend on my answer lol

3. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:14 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    That kit includes :

885 ( coils )
    N140S ( front shocks )
    CS047R (Dakar leaf packs )
    N182 ( rear shocks )
    OMEU53A ( U bolts )
    FK-29 ( Carrier bearing drop )

You will need 4 bushings for the Dakars

I would recommend the 5mm OME trim packer for the driver's side to correct for taco lean

I would also suggest centre pin collars for your leaf packs in case you need to add axle shims later

I have this exact kit and got 2 1/2" of lift on my DCLB 4x4 , I installed LR UCA's as well

4. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:21 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    Satoshi'd grill. blacked out badges. aftermarket sound system. De-chromed and color matched. OME 885s + Dakars with 3rd leaf removed. LR UCAs. Scs stealth 6 with 285 duratracs. BAMF sliders
    ^here's the expert. So 2885x1 means 2 885 coils? Makes sense i guess...kinda. OP, light racing UCAs by spc are a pretty affordable aftermarket upper control arm that will correct any alignment issues caused by the lift, since your truck is a daily driver you should look into a set of these. Some people say you wont need UCAs unless you go over 2.5 inches, i decided to play it safe and spend the extra money. New UCAs will help the suspension perform better also.

5. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    5mm OME trim packer Also , you don't NEED to get longer brake lines but if you flex it out they would be a good investment

Popular opinion here is that Diff Drops are ineffective on 2nd Gens

6. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    Benny

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks a lot. What are center pin collars and where do I get them? I install them when installing the leaf in case I need them later? Are you happy with the ride? Do you ever wish you got the 9000 sport shocks instead?

7. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:39 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Sorry , I should have specified that my kit came with the 90000 shocks , the ride is stiffer than stock , hauling loads is a dream with the Dakars

Yes the centre pin collars go on the pins to extend the head long enough that if you need to add axle shims later the pin is still long enough to fully engage the axle location hole

8. Oct 13, 2012 at 8:41 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
  9. Oct 13, 2012 at 9:23 PM
    Benny

Member:
    Vehicle:
    So do I buy multiple degrees of shims or is 3 degree what I'm going to need? Very glad I asked these questions.

10. Oct 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM
    evanmb31

Member:
    First Name:
    evan
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 trd off road
    You may or may not need shims. People add shims to get rid of vibrations which you may or may not have. Adding the center pin collars like oz suggested will make it much easier to install shims down the road if you need them. If you do need them 2 or 3 degrees should be plenty from what i have read.

11. Oct 13, 2012 at 10:40 PM
    OZ-T

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    This is true , but with the " through pin " shims you need to add the shims to the leaf pack when it is off the truck , with the collars and " slide in " style shims you can add the shims without removing the leafs again

12. Oct 15, 2012 at 8:50 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    Looks like you got your questions answered. You're going to love the OME lift.
    I got a full 3" up front from 885s on my 4Banger AC & am running stock UCAs with no problems. Castor is not in spec but no bump steer or high speed wander. Full 3" in rear from the Dakars (with shell) no axle shims & no vibes.

Products Discussed in

To Top