Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Crack on rear leaf spring??

Old 10-14-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
Razorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Captain
Name: Andrew
Razorback's Tacoma Gallery
Crack on rear leaf spring??

Hey guys,

I'm new to all of this, but this doesn't look right to me - I noticed it today while I was washing my truck. Anyone ever had this happen to them before? BTW, it is a 2004 Tacoma DC...thanks! Not sure why the picture keeps uploading sideways, but whatever.
Attached Thumbnails
Crack on rear leaf spring??-leaf-spring.jpg  
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, that's not supposed to be that way.
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not familiar with 1st gens but I'm gonna say that's not good
Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #4
Razorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorback is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Okay, that's what I figured. Any suggestions on which replacements to buy? I'm not looking for any lift right now, and it seems like most that I find have 2" of lift or more.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Yep, that's not supposed to be that way.
X2 looks like its time for some new packs!
Old 10-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
Given where the break actually is, you need to make haste on repairing this. Whether you choose to go to a salvage yard, a spring shop, replacing the entire packs or just the top leaf, do it quickly.

If the top leaf falls apart, you will loose control of the vehicle.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:37 PM   #8
Yep, planning on ordering the replacements from Wheeler's tomorrow. Luckily, I have a 1988 Toyota Cressida (oh yeah!!) that's just waiting to be driven! That'll be my DD for the next week or so until I get the new leafs. Anyone else have feedback on these...
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacoleafs.htm

Thanks!!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey don't pick on those Cressida's. i believe 88 was close to when they changed engine's but the inline 6 that came with the first ones was one hell of a engine.