LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rancho stuff

Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
EGtaco is on a distinguished road
EGtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Rancho stuff

I was looking at the billies 5100 and went to a dealer who carried both the Rancho's and Bilstein 5100s. The guy was trying to sell me on the Ranchos and said they are better if you are going to lift you truck. I have not seen anyone on this site ever say they had Ranchos on their truck. Whats the deal with these things??? I remember 10 years ago they seemed like the go to suspension upgrade but now????
Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
They're good for big trucks and the like. But for the Taco, the Billy (or the Old Man Emu shock) is the perfect compliment.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:10 AM   #3
Supergroovalisticprosifun kstication
Mr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the roughMr Wiggles is a jewel in the rough

Mr Wiggles's Tacoma Gallery
All the experience i've had with owning Rancho's (jeep tj & nissan pathfinder) has not been good. They ride stiff as shit onroad, and offroad they don't flex smoothly. The Rancho's i think would be good in a heavy full size truck that you needed offroad capability and lots of damping for heavy weight in the back.

The only exception to this i've experienced is they have a system that allows you from the cab, to change the damping of the shocks with a small compressor and tank. A friend of mine has this on his solid axle converted Pathfinder and it works extremely well.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
RONCHO!!

Ok..so maybe my experiences are years & years old (99), but the first impressions are always lasting ones.

I had Rancho kit on my 96 for a couple years. First off....the coils springs weren't side specific and I had to add spacers to adjust for the toyota lean. It was an OK lift....but the front coilover shocks leaked early and I had to get them replaced - Thank gawd, they were lifetime warrantee. The shocks don't last very long especially if you're offroading with them. After 2 years, I took all the Rancho stuff off and put all OME stuff - which was a much better quality stuff to begin with.

Back when I installed the Rancho lift - that's ALL that was available at the time for tacomas (it was 1.5" lift kit).
Old 01-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i hate my rancho front struts

**edit** to elaborate...theyre worn out and bent and leaking etc etc way before they should be
Old 01-21-2009, 06:25 AM   #6
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I replaced my stock OEM shocks of my 95 taco with Rancho 5000 shocks. I loved them and had no problems.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #7
Sorry for party rockin'
TacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacticalBacon13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dunk
TacticalBacon13's Tacoma Gallery
i had them on my 92 chevy and they worked good for about 5 months then they rusted to shit
Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 AM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried Ranchos on my Tacomas, and I run them on my Dodge, and had them on my Dakota (Pile-O-shit), like mentioned above, the Bilstiens or OME will ride MUCh better on the Tacomas.