Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

small rear lift?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
small rear lift?

hey guys.
so, i put my 5100's on a few days ago (1.75") and i love it so far, the truck is level, but it actually looks almost like the front sits nose high slightly, i don't think it does, maybe im just used to having the rake. anyway, i was thinking about maybe lifting the rear a tiny bit.
can you get rear blocks that are less than 1"?
or, what is the smallest leaf lift out there?
how easy is it to throw in another leaf compared to a small block?
i can't imagine it's hard either way.
also, this may be a dumb question, but, would lifting the rear a bit change the front alignment at all since it changes the angle of the truck a bit?

i measured and it's the same, but it just looks like it's nose high when i look at it.
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #2
sirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirsaechao is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
sirsaechao's Tacoma Gallery
Leave it.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
hanrock is on a distinguished road

Name: craig
hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
hi drive it for a while i dont know how many miles u have on it yet but mine settled some after 20000 k or so . was level right when i installed top spacer i as well thought it looked nose high so i put in 1 1/4 rear block.was just right but i now have a full 2" difference front to back and am considering removeing the block because this caused my rear shocks to top out on large speed bumps so drive it for a while let it settle see what happens.. looks good btw
Old 10-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #6
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
Looks level...

But as soon as you put some weight in the back, I bet it won't. It's your truck and your money. I would look at an AAL. 1.5". By the time it settles it will look spot on.

Just my .02 cents.
Your sig pic is bad ass truck looks good
Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 PM   #8
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
I feel like mine is the same way just leave it; it's not going to hurt anything.