1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

No-lift Leaf options and damping options

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by azonicbruce, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Oct 14, 2012 at 9:24 PM
    azonicbruce

azonicbruce [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    Owasso, OK
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 4x4 Double-Cab
    A few question I've been thinking about while waiting for my Icon Stage 1 to arrive.

It's been recommended by a few shops that I include as part of my suspension upgrade either an AAL or new, stiffer leaf pack than what comes stock, and supposedly the stock is pretty soft (which make sense since I just hauled my first real load of stuff (boxes of canned goods) and it definitely sagged a bit and was a bit soft)

The thing is almost all the options that have been presented to me add lift. I'm really not wanting to lift the rear any,so are there any suggestions for AAL or new leaf springs that don't add lift but make the rear suspension better?

Also, if I get a stiffer leaf, doesn't that mean that the damping would need to increase on the shocks in order to accommodate the higher spring rate? I'm not aware that rear Icon's have adjustable compression/rebound, or do they? What would I need to do in order to have the proper damping for my suspension setup?

2. Oct 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    You only need new leafs if you wanted more lift or hauling more weight and stock wasn't cutting it. I'd throw the icons on, level it and enjoy.......icons in the rear would add some firmness as they have better valving then the stock shocks.

Products Discussed in

To Top