Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Racerunner/ Sway-a-way suspension

Old 01-20-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Racerunner/ Sway-a-way suspension

I found some used suspension off a guys Tacoma that he had to sell and stripped it before hand. He has some Sway-a-way/Racerunner 2.5" CO's and matching rear shocks, a Sway-a-way sway bar, and an aal for the back.

Are the Sway-a-way components good quality, are there issues with them?
What would you expect to pay for this? He said he'd take $600 for it, that sound like a good deal?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:47 AM   #2
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
SAW is good - Camburgs are made by SAW...

If you don't know any history on them, send them out to get them rebuilt before you install them...
Old 01-20-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, didn't know that. They looked nice to me so good to hear that they are the supplier for Camburg, you know Camburg wouldn't buy crappy stuff to rebrand.
Looking at new pricing the fronts come in at 969, and rears at 450. Havent found what the sway bar costs.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #5
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
Cool, didn't know that. They looked nice to me so good to hear that they are the supplier for Camburg, you know Camburg wouldn't buy crappy stuff to rebrand.
Looking at new pricing the fronts come in at 969, and rears at 450. Havent found what the sway bar costs.
Instead of a new sway bar, just get the sway bar relocation brackets -- would be cheaper.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #6
Mayor of TW

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
600 is a good deal all you would need to do is a small shock rebuild and your golden i plan to get the camburg/saw 2.5 cos next week they alone are 900
I love my Camburgs -- you'll be quite pleased
Old 01-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought mine today for 450 I have a 98. do i need to get a swaybar relocation bracket?
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM   #8
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998tacoma4x4 View Post
I just bought mine today for 450 I have a 98. do i need to get a swaybar relocation bracket?
Are your coilovers rubbing on the swaybar? If so, then you need the relocation bracket.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM   #9
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I think the camburg sway bar is better because it seemed a little softer than the OEM sway bar. It is good to have it softer because the springs on the new coilovers are very stiff and you want to get more travel out of them. Not to mention it will ride better with softer sway bars.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #10
1998tacoma4x4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
1998tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Are your coilovers rubbing on the swaybar? If so, then you need the relocation bracket.
I just bought them today so im not sure. I have a first gen tacoma 6 lug so does that mean i have to or is it only on some models?