Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

another lift question

Old 08-10-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
Can speak french in Russian.
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
another lift question

My plan is to lift the front end approx 2". However, Im not sure what to do about the rear. I would like a slightly, and i mean slightly, lower front end, and I want to install aal's to solve the sagging bed prob. Are there aal's that will keep the rear the same height? Also will this affect the ride. Its a pretty stiff ride as it is (and I love it) but I dont want it any more so.

Ive been browsing the toytec site for a few days and just came away with more questions than answers. Are 2" spacers the way to go for the front? Also which aal should I go for? I saw the
2.5" Pro Basic Kit, and the 2.5" Basic kit. One comes with shorter aal's and one comes with longer aal's. If i wanted to maintain the current feel of the ride, which ones should I go for?

Finally what is a reasonable price for installation, and are there any good places to get this done in the Los Angeles / Pasadena area?

Thanks guys,

Ted
Old 08-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the 3"spacer lift on the front and 2" add-a-leafs on the back. I bought it all from Toytec. The rear is a lot stiffer with the new leaf spring. I would not complain about it, I love it, but it is noticable. I choose the front spacer kit instead of the spring kit because I heard a lot of members talking about the aftermarket springs sagging. The spacer kit also compresses the stock sprinfs a bit so it is a little stiffer( I am really happy with this). This added compression will help combat any sagging of the stock spring, but I have never heard of this happening with stock springs.

Just so you know, lifting the front and not the back will make your truck look like crap. I lifted the front 3" the day before I did the back. Looked stupid. Tacomas are designed to look good with the rear slightly higher than the front.

On a stock, off the lot V6 access cab Tacoma the rear is 3" higher than the front. After my front and back lift the rear is 2" higher. It looks great. I would try to keep the rear at least 2" or more higher than the front.
Sorry I dont know about install prices, I did it myself.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #3
TRDeity is on a distinguished road

TRDeity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by reid View Post
I just installed the 3"spacer lift on the front and 2" add-a-leafs on the back. I bought it all from Toytec. The rear is a lot stiffer with the new leaf spring. I would not complain about it, I love it, but it is noticable. I choose the front spacer kit instead of the spring kit because I heard a lot of members talking about the aftermarket springs sagging. The spacer kit also compresses the stock sprinfs a bit so it is a little stiffer( I am really happy with this). This added compression will help combat any sagging of the stock spring, but I have never heard of this happening with stock springs.

Just so you know, lifting the front and not the back will make your truck look like crap. I lifted the front 3" the day before I did the back. Looked stupid. Tacomas are designed to look good with the rear slightly higher than the front.

On a stock, off the lot V6 access cab Tacoma the rear is 3" higher than the front. After my front and back lift the rear is 2" higher. It looks great. I would try to keep the rear at least 2" or more higher than the front.
Sorry I dont know about install prices, I did it myself.
How much did all that cost you, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-10-2007, 05:14 PM   #4
ZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to beholdZonKs is a splendid one to behold

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Reid,

BTW, do you have any pics of your truck after you got the lift you described. I would love to see your truck from the side. Its such a fine line with me; I dont want too much of a lift.

Thanks again,

Ted
Old 08-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #5
reid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shedreid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

reid's Tacoma Gallery
The kit cost me $300 CAD. I also bought the 1" diff drop kit. This includes shipping.

I will take a picture sometime this weekend and post it.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:09 PM   #6

ZonKs's Tacoma Gallery
Patiently waiting