Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Carrier bearing alignment question

Old 10-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Carrier bearing alignment question

background: 2012 DC 4x4 with OME lift. I've had vibes since day one and have slowly been adding washers to the CB. I've been able to get the takeoff shudder just about completely resolved, but cannot get rid of the 60mph + vibe taken care of. The question I have is regarding the alignment of the CB with the bolts before tightening. Kind of confusing to describe, but on each side of the CB where the bolt goes thru there's not really a "hole", but rather a slide where you can manipulate the CB before tightening. The question finally is "what placement have you guys gone with that provided the best results"? My instinct is telling me in the middle. Currently I'm on the end. Does it make a difference?

Here's a pic of the bolt slip I'm referring to on the CB.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #2
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been wondering the same, mines almost straight no vibes tho
Old 10-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #3
Beast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeast Mode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Beast Mode's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Ive been wondering the same, mines almost straight no vibes tho
Matt, how are you bolted up? front, middle, back?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Dank Tank
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Mode View Post
Matt, how are you bolted up? front, middle, back?
Pretty sure the middle, just a CB drop with my lift kit actually cured the vibes

ill check tomorrow