LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

bilstein help!

Old 10-17-2012, 07:56 AM   #1
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mccarroll's Tacoma Gallery
bilstein help!

So I had Bilstein 5100's added to the front of my 2012 DC4x4 SR5 today. I asked the shop to put them on the 1.75" setting, even gave them the instructions sheet with the 1.75" setup circled. They just called me and said they have the alignment done, but the truck is higher in the front than the rear and that I will probably need blocks in the rear.

I have the stock 4leaf pack in the rear, how is this possible? I will post pics later, when I get the truck back.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think the 1.75 setting is too much.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Another reason could be that the shop installed the lower coil cup upside down.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
When I set mine at 1.75" it made the front a bit higher, but that was with the 3-leaf non-TSB spring pack. After I got the TSB done to the rear springs, it brought my ass end up to just a hair higher than the front. This is on a 2011 so YMMV.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Royal Canadian Air Force: aerospace control operator
Name: jeremy
jermoids's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccarroll View Post
So I had Bilstein 5100's added to the front of my 2012 DC4x4 SR5 today. I asked the shop to put them on the 1.75" setting, even gave them the instructions sheet with the 1.75" setup circled. They just called me and said they have the alignment done, but the truck is higher in the front than the rear and that I will probably need blocks in the rear.

I have the stock 4leaf pack in the rear, how is this possible? I will post pics later, when I get the truck back.
i had the same thing happen to me last week. my truck (after measuring) actually sits perfectly level, but for some reason it looks nose high to me. i think it's just because im used to the rake or that the hood sits higher then the top of the box making it look like that.
i ordered a pair of readylift 1" rear blocks to throw in the back, i could have them in today or tomorrow, i'll post a pic when im done. this is how my truck sits now....

and i have done a lot of research and digging on using blocks in the rear. a lot of people say that they are garbage and cause problems, but i have had a hard time finding anyone that has had issues with a small 1", mostly it's the bigger ones. i am not a hardcore 4x4er either, so hopefully i can use them and not have any issues.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
mccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shedmccarroll is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So, if this was my mistake and 1.75" is too high, will i need another alignment if i put a block in the rear?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
jermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to beholdjermoids is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Another reason could be that the shop installed the lower coil cup upside down.
interresting..... i was playing with mine when i first got them (im not a mechanic) should the bottom cup be sitting like a bowl, or facing down? im going to look at mine and see how they have it.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:12 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
i had the same thing happen to me last week. my truck (after measuring) actually sits perfectly level, but for some reason it looks nose high to me. i think it's just because im used to the rake or that the hood sits higher then the top of the box making it look like that.
i ordered a pair of readylift 1" rear blocks to throw in the back, i could have them in today or tomorrow, i'll post a pic when im done. this is how my truck sits now....

and i have done a lot of research and digging on using blocks in the rear. a lot of people say that they are garbage and cause problems, but i have had a hard time finding anyone that has had issues with a small 1", mostly it's the bigger ones. i am not a hardcore 4x4er either, so hopefully i can use them and not have any issues.
Like I said, I haven't seen mine yet, but if it sits like yours, I won't mind. From this picture it looks perfectly level to my eye.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)
AeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shedAeroCooper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
AeroCooper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jermoids View Post
interresting..... i was playing with mine when i first got them (im not a mechanic) should the bottom cup be sitting like a bowl, or facing down? im going to look at mine and see how they have it.
The bottom bracket should not look like a bowl, but like a hat - round side up.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 AM   #10

Quote:
So, if this was my mistake and 1.75" is too high, will i need another alignment if i put a block in the rear?
So I know this is a noob question, but will I?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroCooper View Post
The bottom bracket should not look like a bowl, but like a hat - round side up.
thanks, mine are in correctly...
Old 10-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #12

Thanks for you help guys. Hopefully it is not that noticeable and hopefully they have the spring seat installed correctly.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #13
BTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to allBTO is a name known to all

Army: 3rd Infantry Division
BTO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So I know this is a noob question, but will I?
No.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:42 PM   #14
Primo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud ofPrimo 95 has much to be proud of

Name: Primo!
Primo 95's Tacoma Gallery
I had my 2012 set at 1.75 and it came out perfectly level.

Measure from the center of the hub to the fender.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post5827593

Old 10-17-2012, 02:46 PM   #15

I don't know what they were talking about. I picked it up and it looks perfectly level to me. Maybe they just wanted me to buy the extra block $$$.

Now it is time to get the 245's off and get some 265's