Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Creaky front suspension

Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
Creaky front suspension

I've got a 05 access cab 4x4 with around 150k miles on it. Bought it used, and from day one, there has been a creaking noise coming from somewhere in the front suspension. Going over bumps, accelerating, slowing down, it creaks and ticks all the time. I can't isolate it when the truck is not moving, like pushing on the bumper or side to side, and I can't check it while driving (of course). Any ideas what this could be?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
Banned
evh5150 will become famous soon enough
Name: Eddie
evh5150's Tacoma Gallery
That's why you only buy new stuff, not someone else's problems
Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
ball joints?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle1 View Post
I've got a 05 access cab 4x4 with around 150k miles on it. Bought it used, and from day one, there has been a creaking noise coming from somewhere in the front suspension. Going over bumps, accelerating, slowing down, it creaks and ticks all the time. I can't isolate it when the truck is not moving, like pushing on the bumper or side to side, and I can't check it while driving (of course). Any ideas what this could be?

with that year and with those miles it could be a laundry list of things.

UCA Ball joints
LCA Ball joints
Tie rods
LCA bushings
UCA bushings
Lower shock mount bushings
Wheel bearings
and the list goes on.

I would suggest spraying one part per day with some wd-40 to isolate the noise. do the same part on both sides. if it stops you found it.

silly question but does it make this noise when it's been raining out or does it stop?

visually check your bushings, ball joint boots, tie rod boots, and everything for excessive grease spewage and torn boots
Old 10-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Thanks for the tips. I'll give that a try and see if it helps. One other question, I know about the grease fittings on the driveshaft, are there any others in the suspension? I looked and all I can see are sealed.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #6
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Try laying down under the truck while someone else presses down on the bumper or fender. Maybe you will be able to hear exactly where its coming from or feel for some vibration with your hands.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #7
henryque69 is on a distinguished road
henryque69's Tacoma Gallery
Same noise, I have change the lower control arms, ball joints, every part was check, stil no luck, has some one ever fine the problem and solve
Old 11-24-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
Bumper mounts. Was waxing the front bumper when i found it. Gonna solve with new plate bumper.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
xyourlocaldjx is on a distinguished road
xyourlocaldjx's Tacoma Gallery
Wait no way??? So its the aluminum bumper that was making the noise? I thought it was my lower control arm I sure hope mine is the same