Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP PLEASE!!!! fabtech shocks suck???

Old 10-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Karma Coma is on a distinguished road

Karma Coma's Tacoma Gallery
HELP PLEASE!!!! fabtech shocks suck???

I got an 01 with a 6" fabtech lift. The truck was bucking like a horse on the highway, so I replaced the rear shocks......with newer Fabtech shocks, now it feels like a Sherman Tank..every bump gives me a concussion......my buddy has the same year truck, but w/o the lift. lucky bastard has some Toikico blues, and it rides like a Cadillac. Ive been partial to Toikico for years, but apparently there's is nothing available for the taco, with a 6 inch lift. Rancho, bilstine, KYB, seems to be nothing. there has to be something out there that would make a more comfortable ride, like stock at least. without spending 8000 $ for a shock. someone out there has solved this for themselves, and knows exactly what Im talking about,...................I hope that person see's this post!!!!
Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
these might not be long enough http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ce-shocks.html
someone more knowledgeable than me should show up
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #4
When Hell Freezes Over I'll Ski There Too
Pchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shedPchop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Aviation Machinist Mate
Name: Rob I
Pchop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Coma View Post
I got an 01 with a 6" fabtech lift. The truck was bucking like a horse on the highway, so I replaced the rear shocks......with newer Fabtech shocks, now it feels like a Sherman Tank..every bump gives me a concussion......my buddy has the same year truck, but w/o the lift. lucky bastard has some Toikico blues,
Old 10-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #5
Karma Coma is on a distinguished road

Karma Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 taco View Post
these might not be long enough http://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-13...ce-shocks.html
someone more knowledgeable than me should show up
those look fine, do you know if they would be softer than the fabtech crap?
also, they dont give an option for front or rear, whats the deal there?
Old 10-17-2012, 07:23 PM   #6
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Coma View Post
those look fine, do you know if they would be softer than the fabtech crap?
also, they dont give an option for front or rear, whats the deal there?
i don't know for sure but, if you call or email down south motor sports they should tell you all you need to know. And i think theres a tacoma world discount.