Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Zone Off-Road Bracket lift?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2012, 04:48 AM   #1
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Smile Zone Off-Road Bracket lift?

Hey folks,

I was browsing through Fat Bob's Garage's Site, and found a 6" bracket lift for $1249.00 + shipping! That's almost half the price of some of the other lifts I've seen in this category!

Here's a link to the kit:

http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/toyota-...wd-p21839.aspx

I'm fully aware that this is NOT a very good "Off Road" system, but please understand.... that's not my goal for this truck. I've recently paid $21300.00 for this truck.... and bashing it against tree's in quad trails, is not what floats my boat. Honestly, this is going to be more of a mall crawler than anything else, and I don't plan on using for anything more than just Home Depot's runs, camping, and daily driving duties.

Now, my question is.... Has anyone ever bought this system? Did you like it?

Any feedback on this lift, would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:03 AM   #2
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
Hey folks,

I was browsing through Fat Bob's Garage's Site, and found a 6" bracket lift for $1249.00 + shipping! That's almost half the price of some of the other lifts I've seen in this category!

Here's a link to the kit:

http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/toyota-...wd-p21839.aspx

I'm fully aware that this is NOT a very good "Off Road" system, but please understand.... that's not my goal for this truck. I've recently paid $21300.00 for this truck.... and bashing it against tree's in quad trails, is not what floats my boat. Honestly, this is going to be more of a mall crawler than anything else, and I don't plan on using for anything more than just Home Depot's runs, camping, and daily driving duties.

Now, my question is.... Has anyone ever bought this system? Did you like it?

Any feedback on this lift, would be greatly appreciated!
If you get this interested in how it is also
Old 11-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #3
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna ride like shit, but if your only goal is bling rims and 35's, it will get the job done. You will get whiplash if you try and take that offroad. Seems like a good option for what you want though.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORNWILDGUY View Post
Drop braket kits don't stiffen your suspension like spacers.
The kit that he is showing has a very large spacer in the front and a spacer in the back....
Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #6

Notice the spacers I have circled above.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #7
BORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shedBORNWILDGUY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
BORNWILDGUY's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the that goes on top of the the coilover assy but the brakets drop your center section so you are not compressing the coilover anymore than stock. Procomp and Tuff country use the same set up. I had this kinda lift on a tundra and rode just as good as stock. The block is for between the rear leaf springs and the axle. You can always use an aal and a smaller block or just replace your leaf pack.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #9
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
I would suggest going with the Pro Comp version of the 6" kit. It is only $300 more than the kit you are looking at and has a few extras which might make it better. The PC lift uses a smaller rear block with an add-a-leaf compared to your kit with the 4" block. Also the PC kit has compression bars for the front which I do not see in the kit you are asking about. These compression bars tie in the new sub frame that you install with the middle of the frame for strength.

Here is the PC kit from 4WP....

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5073B

Products Discussed in this Thread