1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Missing some parts for my 5100 Install

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by drew840, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Oct 18, 2012 at 1:11 PM
    drew840

drew840 [OP] Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD
    Found this picture online to help explain what I'm missing.

The top picture is exactly what I have installed on my truck right now. It looks like the exact same spacer lift shown in the top of the picture. This is what I will be removing to make room for the new shocks.

I just purchased 5100's but I'm missing the strut plate that goes on the top of the shock assembly. Now I'm thinking I should just buy new bushings/hardware as well to be safe...

Can anyone recommend a store where I can find this?? Part numbers or any website I can order straight from so I can avoid going through dealer... I found a couple of strut plates from Monroe and KYB, but cant find a kit or website that has the bushings for sale... I have 60,000 miles on the truck so think they should be replaced... I will go to the dealer if I have to but if anyone has ordered this stuff online I would love to know where it came from - seems like everyone just sells the big parts like shocks/leafs etc...

Thanks !!

1011or_06_+bilstein_5100_leveling_shocks_toyota_tacoma_2wd_prerunner+shock_absorbers.jpg

2. Oct 18, 2012 at 6:06 PM
    hanrock

hanrock Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    craig
    sask
    Vehicle:
    2012 nauticle blue dc lb
    i think its under ur spacer

3. Oct 19, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    drew840

drew840 [OP] Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner TRD
    I sure hope it's under the spacer !!

I just spent $220 at Toyota buying new strut plates and all the other bushings/hardware to be safe for when it comes time for the install.

I dont want to have the shocks pulled off and realize I dont have the strut plate.... And I bought the oem strut plate to be safe because I wasnt so sure about the other KYB and Monroe brands that I saw online...

Gonna have a 3" spacer lift for sale on Ebay/Craigslist soon!!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top