Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

LR UCA's- what it comes with???

Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
blktaco58 is on a distinguished road
blktaco58's Tacoma Gallery
LR UCA's- what it comes with???

Im looking at buying a set of LR UCA's and was wondering what they are suppose to come with (how many washers, hardware, etc)? If you got a pic thats good to. The set Im looking at is second hand(never installed) and i want to make sure all the parts is there before I buy them....
Old 10-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
evanmb31's Tacoma Gallery
Hold on give me a minute ill get a pic for you
Old 10-18-2012, 04:42 PM   #3
evanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanmb31 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sorry for the small pics LR UCA's- what it comes with???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350603667.158162.jpg
You might want a new set of oem UCA bolts also
LR UCA's- what it comes with???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1350603716.331097.jpg
Old 10-18-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Do you know how much the bolts cost? Im assuming this is cuz its easier to just cut the bolt and remove correct?

Also does it matter on the washer size? in the pic I have of the set I'm looking at, the inner holes look bigger than the ones you got posted....

Old 10-18-2012, 05:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktaco58 View Post
Do you know how much the bolts cost? Im assuming this is cuz its easier to just cut the bolt and remove correct?

Also does it matter on the washer size? in the pic I have of the set I'm looking at, the inner holes look bigger than the ones you got posted....
You are correct about the bolts, they are around 12 a piece at a dealership. Im not sure about the washers tho. Yours look alot smaller in overall diameter than mine.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #6
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Name: Vince
AcadianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Has the LC UCA for the 2012 changed? Your washer are definitively smaller. Did you install the metal insert into the UCA bushings yourself or did they come that way?
Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
darktaco is on a distinguished road

darktaco's Tacoma Gallery
2 things ;

These L.R. UCA'S are from the latest group buy.
1- Washers look smaller .
2- where are the 4 bolt guide inserts .They slide inside the rubber bushings .
Attached Thumbnails
LR UCA's- what it comes with???-photo-5-medium-.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcadianTaco View Post
Has the LC UCA for the 2012 changed? Your washer are definitively smaller. Did you install the metal insert into the UCA bushings yourself or did they come that way?
Those are new " Spec Ride " bushings I think
Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #9
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
you have the old style bushings. those washers should work for what you have.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
AcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the roughAcadianTaco is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by darktaco View Post
These L.R. UCA'S are from the latest group buy.
1- Washers look smaller .
2- where are the 4 bolt guide inserts .They slide inside the rubber bushings .
The guide insert seems to be in the bushing , if you zoom in you can see them. I just installed mine from the group buy and my washers are as evans much bigger.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Those are new " Spec Ride " bushings I think
The 50 or so individuals who got into the latest LC UCA GB got the Spec Ride bushings and they came with the large washers, I being one of them.

see http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...cing-ucas.html
Old 10-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #12
So the washers in that pic are mostly likely not the correct ones? or is this a change from when they upgraded the bushings?

Are these standard washers that any hardware store sells or is this special made stuff I have to order from toytec....
Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The 50 or so individuals who got into the latest LC UCA GB got the Spec Ride bushings and they came with the large washers, I being one of them.

see http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...cing-ucas.html
Well there you go
Old 10-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When did you buy the UCA and from who?
Are you asking me ?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Quote:
So the washers in that pic are mostly likely not the correct ones?
I would make a phone call the vendor before taking anything appart.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Are you asking me ?
No OZ-T. I know you had yours installed a while back.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #18
Quote:
So the washers in that pic are mostly likely not the correct ones? or is this a change from when they upgraded the bushings?

Are these standard washers that any hardware store sells or is this special made stuff I have to order from toytec....
I wouls say the washers are specially made for this application.

When did you buy the UCA and from who?

See Colins' comments above, you may be OK.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No OZ-T. I know you had yours installed a while back.
Yes , mine are the old style
Old 10-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #20

The picture i posted has the spec ride bushings, got them from the latest group buy. Looks like you didnt need me to tell you that though.