Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Creaky Coilover, need help

Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
jvand678 is on a distinguished road
jvand678's Tacoma Gallery
Creaky Coilover, need help

Hey guys,

I installed my swayaways 2 weeks ago and we got a little bit of weather. After all the road crud dried up I now have some noise coming from the left coilover. I wiggled around on the pickup spraying spots with my silicone can until I found it. Problem is, the silicone dries up in about a day or two. Is there anything I can use that will either clean the thing up, lube it up really well or should I just learn that when you modify things, creaks happen?

thanks,

Joe
Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvand678 View Post
Hey guys,

I installed my swayaways 2 weeks ago and we got a little bit of weather. After all the road crud dried up I now have some noise coming from the left coilover. I wiggled around on the pickup spraying spots with my silicone can until I found it. Problem is, the silicone dries up in about a day or two. Is there anything I can use that will either clean the thing up, lube it up really well or should I just learn that when you modify things, creaks happen?

thanks,

Joe
bychance is it coming from the lower bushing?
Old 01-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #3
jvand678 is on a distinguished road
jvand678's Tacoma Gallery
If you're talking about the bushing that bolts onto the lower control arm, no, it's actually coming from what I think is the seal. Can't really find a diagram that gives the exact name. It's where external part of the piston goes inside. I have to actually spray inside the spring and at this seal to make it stop.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvand678 View Post
If you're talking about the bushing that bolts onto the lower control arm, no, it's actually coming from what I think is the seal. Can't really find a diagram that gives the exact name. It's where external part of the piston goes inside. I have to actually spray inside the spring and at this seal to make it stop.
ah...i have no fix sorry

mine were squeeking at the lower bushing (where it mounts to the LCA)

i just sent them off to get rebuilt though
Old 01-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Downsouth Motorsport
Downsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shedDownsouth Motorsports is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Downsouth Motorsports's Tacoma Gallery
Allot of times its coming from the spring itself rubbing against the body of the shock, especially SAW's-