Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 and OME 885 install problems. HELP!!

Old 10-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #21
jakeworthy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
jakeworthy's Tacoma Gallery
Well right now I'm jut swapping out coils and Putin stock ones back on with new billies set at 1.75
Old 10-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
You should get a full 3" lift with the 885x's but they need to break in and settle. After install and setting it down on the ground it is going to be way up there until you drive around for a couple weeks. Double check all your part numbers, if everything is correct and you are still not happy, throw the stock coils on like you said.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #23
I put my stock ones on set at 1.75 buys still really high. About 3/4" Lower than it was when I had 885 set at 0" so looks like I need to set it lower. Still!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #24
And I can't find any number stamped on the coils. Just the 885 x sticker that was on them
Old 10-20-2012, 12:38 PM   #25
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
FYI OP , 885's , no top plate spacer lifted me 2 1/2" on my DCLB 4x4 , it hasn't settled at all in over a year and a half
Old 10-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
FYI OP , 885's , no top plate spacer lifted me 2 1/2" on my DCLB 4x4 , it hasn't settled at all in over a year and a half
Thanks man. I think the 885s just much be a bit much for me. It would be perfect if I was getting 2.5 bu I'm getting like 4 :/
Old 10-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #27
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeworthy View Post
Thanks man. I think the 885s just much be a bit much for me. It would be perfect if I was getting 2.5 bu I'm getting like 4 :/
Something is not right
Old 10-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #28
I don't know what it could beee
Old 10-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #29
Well. As of now I have her in the new billies set at 1.75 with stock coils. Giving me about 2 inches right now up front. Got a 1.5 AAL in rear. From is sittin about 1in lower than rear. Now I jut need to figure out if toytec will exchange these 885. Wht should I try next? 884? Or get some eibachs?
Old 10-20-2012, 04:47 PM   #30
TRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRD6Speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
TRD6Speed's Tacoma Gallery
something is fubar'd Patmac just put on 885x with a 1/2" top spacer......with 5100s......he got exactly 3" lift hub to fender. Exactly what Im doing too with an AC. Even if you're a prerunner you shouldnt get 4" from 885x. And if you are still real high with just the 5100s at 1.75 then thats not right either.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #31
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Did the other rubber bushing and washer get left out from under the top plate and the shock ? The boot has a little bit more thickness to add but not near what you are short.
The rest looks correct. from what I can tell.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #32
Ok. Any insight to what the problem might be?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #33
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
Did the other rubber bushing and washer get left out from under the top plate and the shock ? The boot has a little bit more thickness to add but not near what you are short.
The rest looks correct. from what I can tell.
Thanks man. And ya all the washers got put back on and the top parts are looking good now, it's just the rise height that's bugging me ha. Idk If the billies are stiff or what.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #34
And yes the second time around I got the boot/dust cover on.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #35

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
OP , what is your hub to fender measurment up front ?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:30 PM   #36
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
OP , what is your hub to fender measurment up front ?
Right now right stock coils and billies set at 1.75?
About 23 1/4
Old 10-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #37

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right now right stock coils and billies set at 1.75?
About 23 1/4
Something is fucked up , at 1.75 you should be at 21 3/4 - 22
Old 10-20-2012, 05:38 PM   #39
ok. but do you guys see anyhting wrong with my setup? i followed that video, and the only thing i didn't do was the top washer under the top plate at first, but got that fixed. i dont know what else it could be? any more thoughts?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:40 PM   #40

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ok. but do you guys see anyhting wrong with my setup? i followed that video, and the only thing i didn't do was the top washer under the top plate at first, but got that fixed. i dont know what else it could be? any more thoughts?
For sure current coils are stock OEM ( Toyota ) coils ?