Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 and OME 885 install problems. HELP!!

Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #41
jakeworthy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
jakeworthy's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. I mean then were in my truck when I bought them and as far as I can tell they are. I don't think the suspension was messed with before I got it.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #43
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnson View Post
Dude I'm stumped. From the pictures everything looks fine. But with that much lift something is definetely not right. I wish I could help more but I dont' know what to tell you.
X2

The height doesn't add up
Old 10-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #44
thanks guy for anything. idk what else to do besides take it to a off road shop to have them look at it. was just trying avoid paying someone to do something i could do,but obviously i cant do it right or something! very frustrating.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #45
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
yeah idk after what was discussed through PM everything looks right as far as i can tell
Old 10-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #47
I got the coils fr toytec
Old 10-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #48
fyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud offyremanpat has much to be proud of

Firefighter: CFD
Name: Pat
fyremanpat's Tacoma Gallery
you said you drove it around in a parking lot. about how far? after lifting any truck with IFS off the ground the suspension will have to re-settle after. go over a few bumps and drive around a little more than in a parking lot...re-measure after...hopefully that helps
Old 10-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #49
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
I sit at 22 1/2 both sides. 5100`s at 0 with 885`s
Old 10-20-2012, 10:31 PM   #50
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrdSurgie View Post
I sit at 22 1/2 both sides. 5100`s at 0 with 885`s
Exactly

I'm at 22 1/2 , 885's , no top spacer
Old 10-20-2012, 10:39 PM   #51
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Exactly

Hmm.

Op, more pics please

Measure the length of the shocks too.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #52
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Exactly

Same setup here with 22.5" as well.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #53
Ok. Will drive it around some tomorrow. Ya I only pulled it out out my garage to park on drive way. I will re-measure and take some pics tomorrow! Thanks guys!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:28 AM   #54
Glamour Shot
ajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shedajohnson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ajohnson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyremanpat View Post
you said you drove it around in a parking lot. about how far? after lifting any truck with IFS off the ground the suspension will have to re-settle after. go over a few bumps and drive around a little more than in a parking lot...re-measure after...hopefully that helps
^This..... what I was trying to explain earlier.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #55

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeworthy View Post
Ok. Will drive it around some tomorrow. Ya I only pulled it out out my garage to park on drive way. I will re-measure and take some pics tomorrow! Thanks guys!
Well ?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #56
Quote:
Well ?
Sorry man. Haven't got the chance to drive it yet. I need to run a few errinds at like 10 or 11. How many miles should I drive it before measuring again. Like 10? Or more?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #57

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeworthy View Post
Sorry man. Haven't got the chance to drive it yet. I need to run a few errinds at like 10 or 11. How many miles should I drive it before measuring again. Like 10? Or more?
Try to get the suspension to operate , run some bumps , try to get it to cycle
Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM   #58
Ok I hear ya. Will keep everyone posted. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #59
ok guys, so after driving around for like 5 miles. im at like 22 1/2
Old 10-21-2012, 02:12 PM   #60
still seems high, but maybe it will settle some more. i now realize i should have probably just left my 885's and drove it around awhile before removing them. i just couldnt believe how high it was and that it would settle that much. what do you guys propose my next plan of attack is?