Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 and OME 885 install problems. HELP!!

Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #161
jakeworthy is on a distinguished road
Name: Jake
jakeworthy's Tacoma Gallery
well, suprise suprise, the 884s are giving me almost the exact same lift as the 885s... they looked identical to me right out of the box.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:49 AM   #162
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeworthy View Post
well, suprise suprise, the 884s are giving me almost the exact same lift as the 885s... they looked identical to me right out of the box.
do you have a pic of the strut and coil assembled before you put it in?
Old 11-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
do you have a pic of the strut and coil assembled before you put it in?
no i dont. but i know its right. got the 5100 on the 0 setting, all bushings and washers in correct place, coil alligned correctly on the shock bottom plate part. not upsidedown or anything like that.
(and i didn't do install like you, did the other method without coil compressor)
Old 11-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #164
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
no i dont. but i know its right. got the 5100 on the 0 setting, all bushings and washers in correct place, coil alligned correctly on the shock bottom plate part. not upsidedown or anything like that.
(and i didn't do install like you, did the other method without coil compressor)
Maybe thats why, you should try to remove it yourself and try the method I did if your having that much trouble and you have time
Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #165
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Maybe thats why, you should try to remove it yourself and try the method I did if your having that much trouble and you have time
hmmm i dont really see why that would make a difference. im not going to go rent a coil compressor just to do it that way. that way scares me. i feel much safer doing it this way. so idk man.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #166

OR MAYBE get the coils off and take it to a tire shop and have them assemble the new ones for you. Im just trying to think of ways to help
Old 11-18-2012, 12:45 PM   #167
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Something is not right

again
Old 11-18-2012, 12:47 PM   #168
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Something is not right

again
coils were labled 884x on them. standing side my side the 885x they look the same, therefor giving me about the same lift.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #169
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
coils were labled 884x on them. standing side my side the 885x they look the same, therefor giving me about the same lift.
Something has to be wrong in the assembly for you to be getting a full inch more lift than anybody else
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #170

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Right now right stock coils and billies set at 1.75?
About 23 1/4
Going back to the beginning , you seem way too high at this point ^^^

The common denominator is the billies
Old 11-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #171
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
The 885's should be 10mm longer than the 884's. You should get 3/4" - 1" more lift from the 885's.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #172
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going back to the beginning , you seem way too high at this point ^^^

The common denominator is the billies
Truth.

I'm at 22.5" with stock coils on Billies @ 1.75. What are the Part #'s on your 5100's?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #173

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
Truth.

I'm at 22.5" with stock coils on Billies @ 1.75. What are the Part #'s on your 5100's?
or , the billies are set at one setting higher than the OP thinks in each case
Old 11-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #174
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
or , the billies are set at one setting higher than the OP thinks in each case
Very possible.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #175
i know for a fact they are on the 0 setting. lowest possibly. i have checked this too many times to count because everyone keeps saying that. shocks are part number# 24-186711
Old 11-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #176
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i know for a fact they are on the 0 setting. lowest possibly. i have checked this too many times to count because everyone keeps saying that. shocks are part number# 24-186711
You got me then. Do you have a top plate spacer installed?
Old 11-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
You got me then. Do you have a top plate spacer installed?
Just a 1/4 on driver side
Old 11-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #178
stattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant futurestattonmw has a brilliant future
Name: Statton
stattonmw's Tacoma Gallery
I really am taking a stab in the dark but are you a v6 or 4 cylnder??? Could be a huge difference.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #179

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stattonmw View Post
I really am taking a stab in the dark but are you a v6 or 4 cylnder??? Could be a huge difference.
V6
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #180
Quote:
V6
Yup. Prerunner